Super Bowl LI Logo Concept

logoroy

Well, Super Bowl 50 is now upon us, and that means the NFL should be releasing their Super Bowl LI logo for Houston in a couple weeks. I figure I would post my design a couple weeks early since Super Bowl fever has officially started.  If there is one word to describe my design, it would be “dynamic.”  The logo constantly leans forward and has a sort of “moving into the future” style.  The giant lone star carries the roman numerals and leads the way as the NFL moves into the future. The colors reflect the colors of the Texas state flag to give it a true Texan feeling, and the large roman numerals are a reminder of the Super Bowl’s “larger than life” mentality.  Hope you all enjoy!

JjHGVpA.png

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, pitt6pack said:

This would be a really awesome logo for Houston, and would look really good on the field. Instead we get this garbage below...

51-tmp.png.5ac87feab64ad30c1722bfa37543a

Good lord, please tell me they're not seriously going to use this?

this is pretty well executed, you've certainly nailed the aesthetic of the last generation of SuperBowl logos. its style would fit right in with logos of the early-mid 2000s. but i dont think theres a strong idea here. sure there's a "lone star" incorporated, but i really don't get a Texas feel from this. those older logos were so in-your-face in terms of celebrating the location, and a single star isn't doing it here. let's just run through the cliche's that could be used in this Texas concept: state flag, state outline, rope, spurs or western block type, cowboys hat, steer horns. it needs something along those lines to sell the idea

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

21 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

this is pretty well executed, you've certainly nailed the aesthetic of the last generation of SuperBowl logos. its style would fit right in with logos of the early-mid 2000s. but i dont think theres a strong idea here. sure there's a "lone star" incorporated, but i really don't get a Texas feel from this. those older logos were so in-your-face in terms of celebrating the location, and a single star isn't doing it here. let's just run through the cliche's that could be used in this Texas concept: state flag, state outline, rope, spurs or western block type, cowboys hat, steer horns. it needs something along those lines to sell the idea

Coming up with the surrounding detail to make it as Texas-themed as possible was really the hardest part for me. “LI” is a very difficult roman numeral to work with as it isn’t as exciting or eye catching as say “XLIX” or something earlier.  When it comes to the older concepts though, particularly XLI-XLIV, those weren’t really “in your face” as well when it came to concept or theme, especially XLIII which I really still don’t see the Tampa connection; I read somewhere that the theme was supposed to be land meets sea, but that still seems like kind of a stretch.  Anyway, I greatly appreciate the feedback; it really means a lot coming from an experienced graphic designer. I’m already working on different concepts for LII in Minnesota; I’m just trying to keep getting better and better and improve upon each design I make.

14 hours ago, raider41 said:

Absolutely love your concepts , Super Bowl  LI is perfect. I'd like to see all of your designs , couldn't find 47, & 46

great job

I never actually posted these on here, or anywhere for that matter; I just sort of made them for myself. Mind you, I made these when I was still more inexperienced so these aren't perfect by any means, and everything is very jagged looking.  One of these days though, I am going to go back and fix these up and make them good as new.  Glad you're enjoying my designs; thank you!

Super Bowl XLVI

kFvGVB1.png

Super Bowl XLVII

PfjGGYf.png

Archived