Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

They've probably mowed the field multiple times since originally painting the field.

I know that Auburn puts on two coats of paint in a single week for a home game. So I can imagine this field getting two, if not three, coats, with how early they painted it the first time.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Clintau24 said:

They've probably mowed the field multiple times since originally painting the field.

I know that Auburn puts on two coats of paint in a single week for a home game. So I can imagine this field getting two, if not three, coats, with how early they painted it the first time.

Plus, someone posted that it rained a lot last week. Perhaps some of the paint was washed off. But let's hope they realized how bad the field looks so they decided to wait until a few days beforehand and redo the endzones to include the conference logos. Not likely, unfortunately.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Interesting...

Maybe they got the colour wrong?  The Blue looks a lot lighter in the pic you posted.

Didn't somebody earlier say they were surprised they painted the field so soon, thinking they would have to redo it later?

they had to do it early because of the fear of inclimate weather during the bye week and game week but it turned out well so there is no threat of the elements

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

58 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Plus, someone posted that it rained a lot last week. Perhaps some of the paint was washed off. But let's hope they realized how bad the field looks so they decided to wait until a few days beforehand and redo the endzones to include the conference logos. Not likely, unfortunately.

If they did that that would be the most vindicated I've felt with regards to an argument on these boards since the Seahawks connected the bird heads on the back of their helmets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like the Broncos logo is painted in the end zone at Stanford Stadium where the Broncos are practicing this week.

12669727_10153955182746318_1155662830358203974_n.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The rain washing away the paint is an obvious sign from G-d that He disapproves of the lack of conference logos. REPENT NOW, LEST PEYTON MANNING BE STRUCK DOWN FOR ALL OF YOUR SINS!

well if thats the consequence, put 20 of them on the field!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 1/25/2016 at 1:56 PM, McCarthy said:

I'd like to see this, but I know there's a very small chance of it happening. It's been 20 years since they used the helmet system. 

SB50Field.jpg.57ad1360aae86595c7f54738d0

This would be insane! Too bad the NFL can't, for some reason, get back to this.  To make it even better, have the Panthers wordmark outlined in black.

I still wonder, who actually makes the decisions on what goes on the SB field? Who decides which end zone gets what color paint, etc. etc. etc..I guess I can check on The Google.

On 1/25/2016 at 2:20 PM, TheOldRoman said:

I'm at my daily quota of likes, but I would like this post 1,000 times if possible. That would be incredible. Daylight. Bright colors. Helmet endzones. The Broncos wordmark needs a white outline, and they'd probably use black for the Panthers wordmark, but outside of that it's perfect.

Hi res of the helmet field available?

21 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Again, I give a :censored:. Teams are playing for individual notoriety and awards and they're playing for the conference. When the NFC went 13 straight years without losing a Super Bowl that was embarrassing as a fan of an AFC team. It made our side of the bracket feel pointless. I was happy the Broncos won in 97 and more than anything it was because it ended that streak. 

To further add on to this, if the conference's weren't important, then they shouldn't have Conference Championship games, they shouldn't sell this, they shouldn't even align the league into two conferences. Conferences are important.

It doesn't make sense why the scrapped the conference logos unless they wanted to emphasize the Super Bowl's 50th game. That's the only reason to me that makes any kind of sense.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 1/25/2016 at 1:56 PM, McCarthy said:

I'd like to see this, but I know there's a very small chance of it happening. It's been 20 years since they used the helmet system. 

SB50Field.jpg.57ad1360aae86595c7f54738d0

What made this design standard so iconic, is that it forced secondary colors onto the endzone background. Broncos navy meant orange endzones. Panthers silver and heavy black usage meant light blue. Now, the logo (though I hate the Panthers use of black-on-black without an outline as their template standard) allows a primary color heavy in the helmet to be used for the background. Such as the Broncos Navy.

17 hours ago, ConcreteCharlie said:

Uni-wise, I think this Super Bowl beats the past 2 

Definitely. No monochrome, no yoga pants look with matching pants and socks, AND we get to see the incredible black jersey from the Panthers? The "meh" of the Broncos jerseys are what keep this from being among the best SB uniform matchups ever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

43 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Definitely. No monochrome, no yoga pants look with matching pants and socks, AND we get to see the incredible black jersey from the Panthers? The "meh" of the Broncos jerseys are what keep this from being among the best SB uniform matchups ever.

What is meh about the Broncos away uniform?

Please provide an example of an amazing white uniform.

19 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Please provide an example of an amazing white uniform.

Indianapolis, Green Bay, San Francisco, Oakland, Kansas City, Chicago (mono-white), Minnesota, New Orleans (gold pants), Buffalo, Houston, and the Giants are amazing.

Pittsburgh, Carolina, the Jets, Detroit, Dallas, and Tennessee are a few tweaks away from being perfect.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived