Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

28 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

What is meh about the Broncos away uniform?

Please provide an example of an amazing white uniform.

What is meh? They're barely passable relics from 20 years ago. They are far better than all the trends which spawned from them, but they're almost dated themselves. The stripes are broken up on most players by Nike's hip padding, the stripes rarely line up between the pants and jerseys. Everything is navy with an orange outline, while the home jerseys have always featured side panels that were different color from the numbers. Also, they are far worse than the previous set.

Amazing white uniforms? Bears, Packers, 49ers, Giants, Jets, Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders, and I guess the Colts. Good white uniforms which could be great with a few tweaks? Cowboys, Redskins, Lions, Vikings, Panthers, and the Bills.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

What is meh? They're barely passable relics from 20 years ago. They are far better than all the trends which spawned from them, but they're almost dated themselves. The stripes are broken up on most players by Nike's hip padding, the stripes rarely line up between the pants and jerseys. Everything is navy with an orange outline, while the home jerseys have always featured side panels that were different color from the numbers. Also, they are far worse than the previous set.

100% agree with that.  Loved the previous away set for the Broncos.

But I hardly think the current away is bad or meh.  Its a white jersey for crying out loud.  How ridiculous do you want it to be... Orange stripes all over the place?  

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

100% agree with that.  Loved the previous away set for the Broncos.

But I hardly think the current away is bad or meh.  Its a white jersey for crying out loud.  How ridiculous do you want it to be... Orange stripes all over the place?  

Well, like I said, the blue and orange jerseys both use side panels in a different color than the numbers. So it would look better with either orange side panels or orange numbers. Or, alternatively, they could seamlessly introduce orange pants, which would be great if not for them inevitably being paired with the orange jersey.

And like I said, they're "meh". That doesn't mean that they're terrible, but I think they're far from being great.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Well, like I said, the blue and orange jerseys both use side panels in a different color than the numbers. So it would look better with either orange side panels or orange numbers. Or, alternatively, they could seamlessly introduce orange pants, which would be great if not for them inevitably being paired with the orange jersey.

And like I said, they're "meh". That doesn't mean that they're terrible, but I think they're far from being great.

Orange pants, GTFO....

19 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

It'll happen next year with the Color Rush TNF package. Then, MAYBE they'll use them for road games to offset what I think is a very drab road uniform.

No no no no nooooo!

We need to burn the Saints and Ravens black pants plus every Color Rush uniform on Earth...

YVRMUBj.png

3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

No no no no nooooo!

We need to burn the Saints and Ravens black pants plus every Color Rush uniform on Earth...

The Panthers and Cowboys were different-color socks away from being very solid sets. 

-The Saints black pants should be burned in a fire hotter than a star.  They were at least acceptable when they had a thick gold stripe, and I'd welcome them back with said stripe if they also dropped the black-topped socks.  Even then, there's simply no need for them to have pants other than gold.

-I don't mind the Ravens pants.  They're the only dark stripeless pants I'm OK with, because they really fit the identity and look great with the purple tops.  I do hate their black on black look though.

-Broncos orange pants might look OK if kept to the white jersey.  Orange color rush would be... unfortunate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For all of the color and dynamism of the 1997 Broncos set -- which were revolutionary at the time -- I've always felt that they dropped the ball on the road uni. The bright orange almost disappears, and the navy blue has no pop at all.

I think the black Panthers set is top five in the league, so I'm ecstatic to see it. However, the Broncos white set -- to me -- is bottom five, so I'm bummed that's they have to go with. Blue or orange pants would be a disaster, so I don't even know what the alternative is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

(You knew I had this on hand, didn't you? B) )

CUOf6gBUsAAY3Vi.png

Ha. I had a feeling. 

Y'know, that all orange wouldn't be bad once a year.

Those pants might look ok with their white  jerseys. Would add some needed orange to their away look. 

I think I could stomach the Broncos in orange tops/bottoms once a year AS LONG AS they wear the normal blue socks. Anything to get us away from that sickening all blue look. UGH. 

Also, no thanks to orange pants on the road. There's a reason we haven't had them since the Floyd Little days.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived