Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

8 hours ago, GFB said:

My issue with the old Broncos look is that the light blue visually competes with the orange too much. There's too much saturation and not enough contrast between the two colors. The darker blue fixes that issue and allows the shade of orange shine.

Well, that's true... navy and orange contrasts very nicely... which is probably why there are so many teams across the sports landscape that wear navy and orange. Including a team in the same league as the Broncos, the Bears, who wear that color scheme and have one of the most iconic looks in all of football. 

There are other orange and royal blue teams out there, but not as many, and none in the NFL. And no one (but Ole Miss' alt helmet) wears that bright blue helmet anymore.  Denver still owns it, even though they haven't worn it for two decades.

Something to be said for unique color schemes.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way the Broncos look now, and, in fact, they've never looked better. 

There is actually plenty wrong with the way the Broncos look now: the side panels; wispy number font; the tapering helmet stripe.  The helmet logo is not bad in itself; it is, however, a massive downgrade from the logo which it replaced.

Furthermore, the Broncos not only ruined their own look, but they spawned a trend which infected the looks of many other teams. They are like the uniform world's equivalent of an oil spill, in which damage can pop up far from the incident.

By contrast, the pictures provided by @oldschoolvikings show the Broncos' uniforms looking like actual football uniforms, with the appropriate usage of colours and number fonts.  That was a timeless dignified look which should have been considered as untouchable as that of the Packers; it should not have been discarded in favour of a garish getup which was silly when it debuted and has only become more ridiculous with the passage of time.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 hours ago, GFB said:

My issue with the old Broncos look is that the light blue visually competes with the orange too much. There's too much saturation and not enough contrast between the two colors. The darker blue fixes that issue and allows the shade of orange shine.

I couldn't disagree more, I think there was plenty of contrast between the old blue and the orange.  But I wouldn't mind more of a Boise State blue, little richer of a royal blue but not the near black that the navy is.  That's what drives me nuts about their current shade.  Just way too dark.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived