College Baseball - 2016 Season

cajunaggie08

5 minutes ago, hormone said:

Does anyone have any pics of the Canes Adidas garbage? Will they have a set with a giant U slanted in the middle like they forced on their teams last year (I think A&M did that).

I can't say the slanted oversized logo uni won't exist, but these 2 have been revealed and look good to me.

CYnglurWAAAhQ8V.jpg:large

CYNJmgEWYAArboU.jpg:large

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On January 30, 2016 at 2:44 AM, Bmac said:

Yep, prepare for lots of pullovers and faux pullovers (a pullover with buttons sewn onto the front with the appearance of a normal jersey) from Adidas this season.

That would be a real pullover.. Faux-placket is what you're describing.. It's a real pullover with a faux-placket to look like a button-down.. A faux pullover would be some other type of jersey that looks like a pullover

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

That would be a real pullover.. Faux-placket is what you're describing.. It's a real pullover with a faux-placket to look like a button-down.. A faux pullover would be some other type of jersey that looks like a pullover

Haha yes, I said the exact opposite of what I meant, thank you.

A real pullover, designed to look like a standard button-down.

8 hours ago, BRice16 said:

Tennessee's primary home uniform this season. It's different from what we unveiled in July:

CaGisn0WEAAZT3N.jpg

Looks like grey was added to the trim whereas the original release was just orange.

150521_Nike_Tenn_baseball1_square_1600.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 1/29/2016 at 2:04 PM, CreamSoda said:

Maybe not the best thread for this but....

Why does college baseball still use an aluminum bat?

The most common explanation I've heard is the cost of a season worth of wooden bats would be much greater than having a set of aluminum bats. Because the wood bats break, and the aluminum bats (very rarely) break. I haven't done the research, but that's the response I see whenever this question comes up. And I think it's one of those "what about the smaller schools" arguments. No doubt the big schools could afford an endless supply of wood bats - it's not like baseball makes a profit for the school anyway. 

Really don't understand the point of a faux-button down. Just go to a pull-over, with or without the two-button tops. If you want to look like you're wearing a button-down, then just wear one...

I guess there could be an argument for keeping the lettering straight and not having double/stretched out letterings, but the point still stands.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived