infrared41's Who am I? - Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd

infrared41

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round V

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 8 Super Bowl appearances and 8 NFL championships overall.

II. I hold two NFL postseason records. One single game record and one all-time record.

III. In my rookie year, I lost in the playoffs to the same head coach I would go on to win a Super Bowl with 9 years later. 

IV. I was around long enough to make two different all-decade teams with the same team. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

6 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Willie McGinest

Slapshot with the win. Willie McGinest is correct.

I. McGinest played for the Patriots - 8 SB appearances, 4 wins, and Browns - 0 SB appearances, 4 NFL Championships.

II. He holds the record for most sacks in a playoff game and most career postseason sacks.

III. In McGinest's rookie season, the Bill Belichick coached Cleveland Browns beat the Patriots in the 1994 playoffs. 

IV. He is a member of the Patriots All-90's and All-2000's teams. 

McGinest.jpgMcGinest_1.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round VI

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 15 Super Bowl appearances.

II. You could say I was Tom Brady before Tom Brady.

III. Then again, Earl Morrall could say he was me before me. 

IV. The perception is that my Super Bowl was the peak of my career, but I went on to have a decent career. I even made the Pro Bowl.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

Jeff Hostetler

Burgundy gets the win with Jeff Hostetler.

I. Hostetler played for the Giants - 5 SB appearances, Raiders - 5 SB appearances, and Washington 5 SB appearances.

II. After Phil Simms was injured in week 14 of the 1990 season, Hostetler stepped in and led the Giants thru the playoffs and to a win over the Bills in Super Bowl XXV.

III. Morrall stepped in for an injured Bob Griese during the Dolphins undefeated season in 1972.

IV. Hostetler led the Raiders to the playoffs in 1993 and made the Pro Bowl in 1994. 

972a91e3cc34aae4d043874d52a05e84.jpgsb25.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round VII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 11 Super Bowl appearances.

II. It turns out you can go home again.

III. I'm a football player, not a municipal asset.

IV. I'm a football player, not a piece of SWAT team equipment.

Who am I?  

BB52Big.jpg

29 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Jerome Bettis.

Walter Sobchak gets in the game with Jerome Bettis.

I. Bettis played for the Rams - 3 SB appearances and Steelers - 8 SB appearances.

II. As anyone who was within our Solar System in 2005 probably knows, Bettis and the Steelers won Super Bowl XL in his hometown of Detroit.

III. As I'm sure everyone already knows, Bettis was known as "The Bus."

IV. His less popular nickname was "The Battering Ram."

4af527bcba0a0241130a9170a49d8ae5.jpgb5126c21-2f84-4510-94b1-95bf84fa216f.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round VIII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 5 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was a member of the first NFL team to do this in the Super Bowl.

III. I was part of a trade that is considered one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history.

IV. My teams and I have combined to play in four different professional football leagues.  

V. I may be the only player in NFL history to have his number called by the President of the United States. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

29 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

You are Paul Warfield.

sc49erfan15 gets on the board. Paul Warfield it is. 

I. Warfield played for the Dolphins - 5 SB appearances and Browns - 0 SB appearances.

II. Warfield's Dolphins were the first team to appear in three straight Super Bowls.

III. In 1970, Warfield was traded from the Browns to the Dolphins for a draft pick that the Browns used to select Purdue QB Mike Phipps. Phipps was highly touted coming out of college but he didn't amount to much in the NFL. (Trust me, I was around to see Phipps play.) 

IV. The Browns played in the AAFC before joining the NFL. The Dolphins were an AFL team. Warfield played in the WFL.

V. Warfield was the primary receiver on a play suggested by President Richard Nixon in Super Bowl VI against the Cowboys. According to Shula, the President called the coach before the game and said the Dolphins could hit Warfield on a "down and in pattern." 

4364-961850Fr.jpga2322bd9-e375-4f1c-aa0c-8c1c6fd13f85.jpge1805c88-419b-479b-b73e-c5b9cf1a2d1d.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round IX

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 8 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was the first player in NFL history to reach this career statistic.

III. For a time, I was the all-time leader in the statistic from clue II.

IV. I'm related to a pretty famous musician.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

11 hours ago, ConcreteCharlie said:

Art Monk

ConcreteCharlie storms into the lead with Art Monk.

I. Monk played for Washington 5 SB appearances, the Jets - 1 SB appearance, and the Eagles - 2 SB appearances.

II. Monk was the first receiver in NFL history to record over 102 catches in a season and 900 catches in a career.

III. With reception #820 in 1992, Monk became the NFL's all-time leader - at the time.

IV. He is related to Jazz great Thelonious Monk.

monk%20card.jpg97eb1a0a-eefd-4169-b55f-1ae3acbf49b8.jpg34d46469-4b8a-4fbe-8298-eee22fc5241a.jpg58bf4457-3d62-4054-8f6b-1dd092506267.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived