infrared41's Who am I? - Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd

infrared41

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

No, but I gotta ask what made you think of Ken Houston? 

- He's high up on ESPN's list of draft steals (at least one I found).

- 5 Super Bowls for Washington, and 1 for HOU/TEN.

- He's on the 70s All-Decade Team

- He had two INTs on consecutive snaps, and I thought "picked" in your clue might be a reference to interceptions.  Now, I also see that your clue reads "first to do this twice", not "first to do this", which kinda messes up this hunch of mine.  And I wasn't sure it was a primetime game.

- He presumably was on the field for "Garo's Gaffe" in Super Bowl VII, which put the Dolphins' perfect season in jeopardy, but I couldn't confirm whether he was actually on the field or not.

9 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

- He's high up on ESPN's list of draft steals (at least one I found).

- 5 Super Bowls for Washington, and 1 for HOU/TEN.

- He's on the 70s All-Decade Team

- He had two INTs on consecutive snaps, and I thought "picked" in your clue might be a reference to interceptions.  Now, I also see that your clue reads "first to do this twice", not "first to do this", which kinda messes up this hunch of mine.  And I wasn't sure it was a primetime game.

- He presumably was on the field for "Garo's Gaffe" in Super Bowl VII, which put the Dolphins' perfect season in jeopardy, but I couldn't confirm whether he was actually on the field or not.

Your reasoning is right on the money. You just need to look in a different direction. B)

BB52Big.jpg

John Taylor?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

John Taylor?

It checks out with most of the clues... Although IMO it's a bit of a reach to call a third round pick a "draft steal." But that's just me. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

John Taylor?

OnWis97 storms into a tie for the lead with John Taylor. 

I. Taylor played his entire career with the 49ers - 6 SB appearances. 

II. He is #25 on ESPN's list of all-time draft steals.

III. In a Monday night game against the Rams, Taylor became the first receiver in NFL history to score on two pass plays of over 90 yards.

IV. With 39 seconds left in the game, Montana hit Taylor for the game winning TD in Super Bowl XXIII

V. Taylor is a member of the NFL's 1980's All-Decade Team.

Taylor%20WAI.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

It checks out with most of the clues... Although IMO it's a bit of a reach to call a third round pick a "draft steal." But that's just me. 

While I agree (he was also ranked #25, so it's not like he was high on the list), the one that threw me for a loop on this one was the "combined" 6 SB appearances. Taylor spent his whole career with the 49ers. Sneaky!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

14 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

While I agree (he was also ranked #25, so it's not like he was high on the list), the one that threw me for a loop on this one was the "combined" 6 SB appearances. Taylor spent his whole career with the 49ers. Sneaky!

I do what I can. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Round XIII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 7 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I played in the CFL, but not the one you're thinking of. 

III. I witnessed one of the most famous plays in NFL history - which sucked because it completely overshadowed what I'd done a few minutes earlier.  

IV. Speaking of famous NFL plays, I was involved in one that I'm sure still haunts the fans of our opponent from that game.

V. Hell, since we're talking about famous plays, I was involved in another one that led to a rule change. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived