infrared41's Who am I? - Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd

infrared41

32 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Round XVIi

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 11 Super Bowl appearances.

II. My on-field celebration was probably more appropriate for the team that played across the parking lot from me most of my career.

III. Speaking of the team I spent the bulk of my career with, I am a member of that team's Hall of Fame.

III. I was so good at this particular part of my game that a rule is named after me.

IV. I am stuck on why this brand never offered me an endorsement deal.

Who am I?

Neil Smith

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Smith?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just now, NJTank said:

Neil Smith

Tank is on the board again with Neil Smith.

I. Smith played for the Chiefs - 2 SB, Broncos - 8 SB, and Chargers - 1 SB.

II. After a sack, Smith would mimic swinging a baseball bat - a move more suited for the team across the parking lot, the KC Royals.

III. He is a member of the Chiefs Hall of Fame.

IV. In 1998, the NFL instituted the "flinch rule" which is also known as the "Neil Smith Rule."

V. Smith was known for wearing a Band-Aid across his nose during games.

Smith.jpg14d497c3-3d65-4a41-8180-7f13a0490b5d.jpg02b04da3-bf49-4a29-afe1-15a7cb6b78b1.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Jesus.  Our posts both say "36 Minutes Ago."  We must have been typing at the same time.

At least you didn't reference Super Bowl III or Billy Cundiff.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Round XVIII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 12 Super Bowl appearances.

II. One of my most famous plays took place in between plays. Hey, a city ordinance was broken.

III. I played in a Super Bowl that set the record for this combined statistic at the time.

IV. I was drafted twice in the same draft. Had I played for both of the teams, I would have played in 4 of the first 5 Super Bowls.

V. With my nickname, I'd feel right at home in Cleveland.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Mike Curtis?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Mike Curtis?

Mike Curtis it is. 

I. Curtis played for the Colts - 4 SB, Seahawks - 3 SB, and Washington - 5 SB.

II. He is known for tackling a fan that ran onto the field during a game. Among the statements Curtis made about the incident was "a city ordinance was violated.

III. Curtis played for the Colts against the Cowboys in Super Bowl V. The two teams combined for 7 turnovers which was a Super Bowl record at the time.

IV. He was drafted in 1965 by both the Colts (NFL) and Chiefs (AFL) had he played for both teams, he would have appeared in Super Bowls I, III, IV, and V.

V. His nickname was "Mad Dog" which is a perfect fit for Cleveland's Dawg Pound.

3b2caeed-c035-4552-b364-f6a9d7bf5325.jpgsb5.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Finally, something positive!

A friend of mine named his son Curtis because Mike Curtis was his favorite player when he was growing up.

Here's a picture of the fan tackle --

mike-curtis-autographed-11x14-tackling-f

-- and a link to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Finally, something positive!

A friend of mine named his son Curtis because Mike Curtis was his favorite player when he was growing up.

Here's a picture of the fan tackle --

mike-curtis-autographed-11x14-tackling-f

-- and a link to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I

You're why I decided to use Curtis, Leopard. I figured you could use a break. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Round XIX

I. The teams I played for have exactly one Super Bowl appearance. That total was almost 9 but I got cut before I ever played a regular season game with this team.

II. infrared41, Matt Snell, and I attended THE same college.

III. I got in trouble for trying to hunt down a little extra cash during games. 

IV. And I got in trouble for using a little extra help during games.

V.  Despite my name, I never made a movie about Scientology.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

In Queens , New Yor City born and raised...In Utica is where he spent his high school days...

Will Smith.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

In Queens , New Yor City born and raised...In Utica is where he spent his high school days...

Will Smith.

OnWis97 is pulling away. He gets another win with Will Smith.

I. Smith played with the Saints until he was cut after the 2013 season. He then signed with the Patriots but was cut before the season opened.

II. Smith, Snell, and myself are all Ohio State alums.

III. He was alleged to be a part of the Saints "Bounty-gate" scandal. 

IV. In 2008, Smith was suspended four games for using a diuretic that is known to mask steroid use. He appealed and the suspension was reduced to two games. 

V. The other Will Smith is the one who made "After Earth" - a movie critics claimed was about scientology.

Will%20Smith%20SB.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XX

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 10 Super Bowl appearances yet I only managed to play in one of them.

II. I am a member of this NFL All-Decade Team.

III. I once held a consecutive games record in this statistical category. 

IV. I am considered by the team with which I played the bulk of my career to be the greatest player in team history at this position.

V. I still work for this team as a "liaison." I could probably use a taller desk. 

VI. I was in a movie that involved Mark Wahlberg. But I was played by someone else. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Round XXI

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 8 Super Bowl appearances.

II. My guess is Vikings fans hate me to this day.

III. Speaking of that, I was involved in three separate plays that made the 75 Greatest Plays in NFL history during the NFL's 75th Anniversary season in 1994.

IV. Two team mates and I were the first combination to achieve this statistical milestone in a season. 

V. I am on the same NFL All-Decade Team as the player in Round XX.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

33 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Round XX

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 10 Super Bowl appearances yet I only managed to play in one of them.

II. I am a member of this NFL All-Decade Team.

III. I once held a consecutive games record in this statistical category. 

IV. I am considered by the team with which I played the bulk of my career to be the greatest player in team history at this position.

V. I still work for this team as a "liaison." I could probably use a taller desk. 

VI. I was in a movie that involved Mark Wahlberg. But I was played by someone else. 

Who am I? 

Harold Carmichael.

spacer.png

Archived