Major League Football

WideRight

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Is this really going to happen? I mean, I've been trying to follow whats going on, but why exactly is MLFB having such an issue?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/major-league-football-buys-aaf-gear-targets-may-2020-launch/

Why are they having such an issue? Money. It's always money.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully, the XFL does better this time around! McMahon admitted the original had too much emphasis on wrestling than football, and this wont happen this time; it will be focused more on football, and keep politics out, not like the NFL does.

Plus, McMahon owns all the teams, so each team is not franchised. So there is hope. 

15 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Hopefully, the XFL does better this time around! McMahon admitted the original had too much emphasis on wrestling than football, and this wont happen this time; it will be focused more on football, and keep politics out, not like the NFL does.

Plus, McMahon owns all the teams, so each team is not franchised. So there is hope. 

Vince McMahon has the tendency to take control when things go bad and that's not a good thing.  If ratings and attendance rapidly declines week to week in the XFL, he may want to take control of the XFL from Oliver Luck and that isn't going to be a good thing if that happens.   

11 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

*explitive* pessimists !!

I prefer to be considered a realist.

If you think I'm being pessimistic, as opposed to realistic, how much $$ would you wager on the success of the XFL? We'd have to agree on what that means, but I'm curious.

It's where I sit.

You agree then that you rather look in the past than wait to see what happens in the future? 

Sorry Im not going to wager. I'm going to gamble on games, let alone leagues as a whole like most do for the NFL; thats why there is a lot of conspiracy theories going around that NFL games are fixed. You just proved it!

Why dont you use your realistic views and look back in history and see what the NFL was like before it came into existence, there were 2 decades.. 2!(1900's & 1910's) when the NFL failed. And that's not including the late 1800's when pro football was at it's infancy! And its even been admitted by the league as well!

On 12/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Is this really going to happen? I mean, I've been trying to follow whats going on, but why exactly is MLFB having such an issue?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/major-league-football-buys-aaf-gear-targets-may-2020-launch/

Their stock closed at $0.008.  That is eight-tenths of a penny!

All Frank Murtha does is the personal equivalent of getting a new credit card and max it out, then apply for another one to max that out.

Their Quarterly Report (10-Q) was released on Monday.  Per usual, they are unaudited because they cannot afford an accountant, but they racked up another $1M in liabilities over the last year.  Every loan they take out ranged from 8-12% interest. 

THIS IS NEVER, EVER HAPPENING!

The accompanying unaudited financial statements have been prepared assuming the Company will continue as a going concern. As reflected in the accompanying unaudited financial statements, the Company had no revenues and net cash used in operating activities of $261,744 and $134,728 for the six months ended October 31, 2019 and 2018, respectively. Additionally, at October 31, 2019, the Company has a working capital deficit of $4,491,707, an accumulated deficit of $28,326,551 and a stockholders’ deficit of $4,272,984, which could have a material impact on the Company’s financial condition and operations.

In view of these matters, recoverability of any asset amounts shown in the accompanying unaudited financial statements is dependent upon the Company’s ability to achieve a level of profitability. These matters raise substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern for a period of one year from the date of the filing of the Company’s Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Since inception, the Company has financed its activities from the sale of equity securities and from loans. The Company intends on financing its future development activities and its working capital needs largely from the sale of public equity securities and convertible debt securities, until such time that funds provided by operations, if ever, are sufficient to fund working capital requirements.

We are in discussions with individual investors to raise at least $1 million by December 31, 2019 and a tiered subsequent raise of $20 million by January 31, 2020. The raise of $20 million will cover the Company’s anticipated expenses for its 6 team 8 game regular season in 2020. Through the issuance date of this report on Form 10-Q, smaller investments have been received to meet certain Company expenses.

That last paragraph has been the same for at least four years, only the dates change, but always "in discussions".  They are not raising $1M in two damn weeks and sure as hell aren't sniffing $20M in six weeks. 

Archived