Super Bowl LI

buckeyecal

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Go one post up - no more alternate logos. 

Yeah, I saw that AFTER I posted. My bad.

Eh, they are even getting more lazy. I used to love the different SB unique logos every year.
XLV was cool, but didn't know they would repeat the same general design it for the next 3 years.

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Should have used the trophy as the "I." Right now, it almost looks like "LII." The gold "50" contrasted well but now the letters are the same as the trophy and they blend in.

That bugs me as well, and especially the big space between the trophy and the "I"
Almost rather have something like this?
Nd8mREv.png

I wonder what they will come up with for SB LII in Minneapolis, The red glow, sort of reminds me of The Texans colors..or one of logo colors at least. Maybe SB LII will have a slight purple reflection for the Vikings, game will be at the new US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

Getting way ahead of myself, guess we'll find out this time next year.

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

LI is a clusterbomb. A better clusterbomb than everything since XLV, but still a clusterbomb. The spacing between the trophy and the "I" is glaring and inexcusable (if moving it closer makes it too imbalanced width-wise, which I could see, then the whole idea is a bad one to begin with and should be scrapped), and despite the new splash of color, it's still a stagnant and lifeless logo anyhow. It almost looks like a generic logo Madden would use.

And I know the LII bid logo is just for the bid, but man what I'd give for that to be the real thing. Is it a perfect logo? No. Better than the template system, though? By lightyears, yes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I hope they aren't just going with host city team colors. Is a tad unfair to think we'll get a bunch of LA Rams yellow/blue, New Orleans gold/black, etc. I do like the year above the SUPER BOWL line. It makes it more compact. The old logo, the national, with the absurdly large Lombardi Trophy seemed oddly shaped.

On 2/9/2016 at 1:03 PM, canzman said:

According to the official style guide there is only one logo now and not a National and Regional anymore as well...

"The Super Bowl creative direction evolves this year as we close the
door on 50 and open another to the future of Super Bowl and the NFL
with Super Bowl LI. Inspired by a more youthful, ever-changing and bold
future you’ll notice some changes. Namely, only ONE Super Bowl logo,
versus the two national and regional of years past. You’ll also see bolder
more passionate colors, intimate and engaging imagery that draw you in and
more flexibility with the elements than years past. All inspired by the intricacies
of the host city, Houston, Texas. Rooted in tradition but always pushing the limits,
Houston ignited our thinking with its great range of diversity and its ability to define
itself as a major metropolis in not only an enormous and football-loving state —
Texas — but also in the world."

"In other words, we thought it would look good if we added some red."

On 2/9/2016 at 0:03 PM, canzman said:

According to the official style guide there is only one logo now and not a National and Regional anymore as well...

"The Super Bowl creative direction evolves this year as we close the
door on 50 and open another to the future of Super Bowl and the NFL
with Super Bowl LI. Inspired by a more youthful, ever-changing and bold
future you’ll notice some changes. Namely, only ONE Super Bowl logo,
versus the two national and regional of years past. You’ll also see bolder
more passionate colors, intimate and engaging imagery that draw you in and
more flexibility with the elements than years past. All inspired by the intricacies
of the host city, Houston, Texas. Rooted in tradition but always pushing the limits,
Houston ignited our thinking with its great range of diversity and its ability to define
itself as a major metropolis in not only an enormous and football-loving state —
Texas — but also in the world."

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

"In other words, we thought it would look good if we added some red."

That or they couldn't think of a good background element for Houston as there isn't a distinguishing landmark for houston. For the Final Four in Houston this year, the ncaa just went with a Texas flag

• 1 month later...

Has the NFL ever officially stated WHY they abandoned color and uniqueness for conformity and blandness? The Super Bowl logos from 2001-2009 were awesome! The problem with the logos from 2010 till, well now, is that they all look alike and you can confuse them. I remember that Super Bowl 44 was between the Saints and Colts because I remember the logo. Further I remember that it was in Miami because it was orange. Just like how I remember Super Bowl XL was in Detroit because of the chrome on the logo. I don't even remember Super Bowl XLVII because the logo, bland as it is, doesn't offer any identifying markers to help me recall information about the game or location. Anyone else have this problem? I just don't understand what he NFL changed it so drastically and really refuses to make but minor alterations. The Super Bowl logs prior to 2010 were the "if it ain't broke..." kinda logos.

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Has the NFL ever officially stated WHY they abandoned color and uniqueness for conformity and blandness? The Super Bowl logos from 2001-2009 were awesome! The problem with the logos from 2010 till, well now, is that they all look alike and you can confuse them. I remember that Super Bowl 44 was between the Saints and Colts because I remember the logo. Further I remember that it was in Miami because it was orange. Just like how I remember Super Bowl XL was in Detroit because of the chrome on the logo. I don't even remember Super Bowl XLVII because the logo, bland as it is, doesn't offer any identifying markers to help me recall information about the game or location. Anyone else have this problem? I just don't understand what he NFL changed it so drastically and really refuses to make but minor alterations. The Super Bowl logs prior to 2010 were the "if it ain't broke..." kinda logos.

There is no reasonable explanation for it. It's disgusting.

Archived