ScubaSteve

Why doesn't CCSL have English Premier League logos?

Recommended Posts

Want to start off by saying that I love this site, and also I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. But I was curious as to why such a big league isn't represented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is a legal issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, they were up there a while back, but then Chris received a cease-and-desist letter. So he ceased and desisted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

If you want the crests from the EPL, just download their yearly style guide. Simple Google search should pull it up, would supply a link if I wasn't on mobile! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

If you want the crests from the EPL, just download their yearly style guide. Simple Google search should pull it up, would supply a link if I wasn't on mobile! 

 

A side point: this is the latest example of someone saying that he would do something if he were not on mobile.

 

What is this about? I don't know of anything that you can do on a computer that you cannot also do on mobile. Supplying a link is just as simple on mobile as it is on a computer: just copy a URL from the address window, or long-press an image and copy the address that way, and then paste it in a response here.

 

Sorry for the off-topic digression, but I am really baffled about what people mean when they say that they cannot do something on account of being on mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's mobile it's a bit difficult to copy, paste to another site and then load it up to CCSLC. It's not because he's being lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the phone and which browser they use. For instance, I still use a Galaxy S3 because I really don't see much of an advantage of paying for a new phone. It does what I need a phone and time-waster to do. I also use Opera Mini to surf the net, which limits some functionality. But, it saves data usage. If I really want to do something, I'll open Firefox or Chrome, but generally go with the low-data alternative.

 

And as the next reply mentioned, it's not nearly as simple using a mouse on a laptop or desktop. It also saves him the data usage of tracking down the appropriate files. Which are probably PDF or TIFF files.

 

32 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

A side point: this is the latest example of someone saying that he would do something if he were not on mobile.

 

What is this about? I don't know of anything that you can do on a computer that you cannot also do on mobile. Supplying a link is just as simple on mobile as it is on a computer: just copy a URL from the address window, or long-press an image and copy the address that way, and then paste it in a response here.

 

Sorry for the off-topic digression, but I am really baffled about what people mean when they say that they cannot do something on account of being on mobile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
51 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

A side point: this is the latest example of someone saying that he would do something if he were not on mobile.

 

What is this about? I don't know of anything that you can do on a computer that you cannot also do on mobile. Supplying a link is just as simple on mobile as it is on a computer: just copy a URL from the address window, or long-press an image and copy the address that way, and then paste it in a response here.

 

Sorry for the off-topic digression, but I am really baffled about what people mean when they say that they cannot do something on account of being on mobile.

 

Why should I google search something on my phone to post a link when he could do it himself just as fast? I gave him the necessary information to find the logos if he was interested in procuring them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

 

Why should I google search something on my phone to post a link when he could do it himself just as fast? I gave him the necessary information to find the logos if he was interested in procuring them. 

 

That is a different point. I am not saying that you should do that.

 

I was only questioning the idea that providing links or posting images is any harder with a mobile phone than with a computer. I suppose it depends on the phone, as Sykotyk said. But with my Galaxy S5 I have done both of these things with no noticeable problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

That is a different point. I am not saying that you should do that.

 

I was only questioning the idea that providing links or posting images is any harder with a mobile phone than with a computer. I suppose it depends on the phone, as Sykotyk said. But with my Galaxy S5 I have done both of these things with no noticeable problem.

 

You're correct there. It is easier now, than it was with the old mobile board layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, officeglenn said:

IIRC, they were up there a while back, but then Chris received a cease-and-desist letter. So he ceased and desisted.

 

Ahh ok, can't do much about that then. Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some several years ago we had them on the site. They asked....err....demanded Chris to take them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The English are much more restrictive about sports team/league intellectual property.  If I recall correctly, newspapers (in the UK) can't publish schedules because those are team/league property.  You have to get them from an official website or magazine (and I'm not sure if you can legally print it from the website).  Also, the right to show highlights are sold like the rights to live/full tape-delayed games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

The English are much more restrictive about sports team/league intellectual property.  If I recall correctly, newspapers (in the UK) can't publish schedules because those are team/league property.  You have to get them from an official website or magazine (and I'm not sure if you can legally print it from the website).  Also, the right to show highlights are sold like the rights to live/full tape-delayed games.

 

Newspapers in the U.K. publish schedules.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/premierleague/fixtures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do schedules and scores count as IP? Seems like you get around it like the corner pizza shops in America that distribute schedule magnets using team city abbreviations and no nicknames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.