MLS Kits 2017 (BONUS: 2016 All Star Game kit posted 3/7)

upperV03

1 hour ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

I love it! The chest stripe is the best. Just the wright amount of sky blue and navy. And since the new secondary has a henley collar aswell, i think the whitecaps could just make this a traditional look for them. Job well done! Can't wait for Colorado!

Thank you very much, I appreciate your constant interest in this series and in my concepts. Colorado will hopefully be posted in the next day or two.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the wait everyone, but today I have the 2017 kit for the Colorado Rapids, which will be a new secondary. I have been a big fan of the two flag-inspired kits Colorado has unveiled in the past few years, but I have felt as if the execution on both of them could have been a lot better. With this kit I attempted to fix some of those problems in execution, and I also wanted to create a new and fresh design that could stand on its own. This kit, like the secondary the Rapids unveiled last season, is Arsenal-inspired (because of the club's ties to Arsenal), as well as flag-inspired. Instead of using an embossed flag detail across the chest, I decided to use a yellow base and blue sleeves, with the jocktag and sublimated lower back graphic featuring the mountain design from the team crest with the famous "C" from the flag in place of the soccer ball that appears in the crest. The crest is recolored, but instead of being monochrome it features all of the colors from the state flag. Everything else should be self-explanatory, so here you go:

Rapids2016.png.e5e7b74b1d29e1930fe6b76fc

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Ooh i like this little number for the Rapids. That shade of yellow is on point and fits well with the navy and red. Worthwile the wait if you ask me and take all the time you need to make these if there going to be this good. 

Do you know what team will be next?

13 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

Ooh i like this little number for the Rapids. That shade of yellow is on point and fits well with the navy and red. Worthwile the wait if you ask me and take all the time you need to make these if there going to be this good. 

Do you know what team will be next?

Thank you very much. The shades of yellow, blue, and red are actually taken from the .svg file of the Colorado flag I found on Wikipedia, so I tried to make them as accurate as possible. And as far as the next team I will be doing, I'm not sure yet. 

I can tell you for sure that I will be doing Atlanta and Minnesota last since I will be making two kits for each of them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Thank you very much. The shades of yellow, blue, and red are actually taken from the .svg file of the Colorado flag I found on Wikipedia, so I tried to make them as accurate as possible. And as far as the next team I will be doing, I'm not sure yet. 

I can tell you for sure that I will be doing Atlanta and Minnesota last since I will be making two kits for each of them.

May i suggest Columbus to get that attrocity of a change kit out of my head ;)

13 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

May i suggest Columbus to get that attrocity of a change kit out of my head ;)

Funny, I was just coming to say Columbus would likely be my next team. Their new kit is an absolute abomination IMO and seeing as they will be due for a new primary next season, I want to create a nice, classic, and contemporary look for them. I will tell you that I will likely stay with a black primary kit, especially since the new secondary features quite a bit of yellow on the shirt, but there will be much more yellow on it than their current black kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Funny, I was just coming to say Columbus would likely be my next team. Their new kit is an absolute abomination IMO and seeing as they will be due for a new primary next season, I want to create a nice, classic, and contemporary look for them. I will tell you that I will likely stay with a black primary kit, especially since the new secondary features quite a bit of yellow on the shirt, but there will be much more yellow on it than their current black kit.

Anything that throws back to one of the first few kits will work.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love the colour scheme. I think their primary and this could work well together as a combo. I like the back sublimated C as well, although the space of the C and where it cuts into the mountains look a little bit awkward. It's fine, though. It's just a little nitpick.

I don't think we're getting new kits, but if you're running out of ideas (which you might be by now, I know how annoying requests get), I'd suggest taking a stab at TFC. I don't want to be annoying about it though. Just interesting to see a new take on them, considering so many have been done. Intrigued to see Atlanta and LAFC, like you mentioned you were doing.

1 hour ago, timberwolf said:

I love the colour scheme. I think their primary and this could work well together as a combo. I like the back sublimated C as well, although the space of the C and where it cuts into the mountains look a little bit awkward. It's fine, though. It's just a little nitpick.

I don't think we're getting new kits, but if you're running out of ideas (which you might be by now, I know how annoying requests get), I'd suggest taking a stab at TFC. I don't want to be annoying about it though. Just interesting to see a new take on them, considering so many have been done. Intrigued to see Atlanta and LAFC, like you mentioned you were doing.

I believe TFC will be in line for a new primary next season, so I will certainly get to them at some point. And also, I said I will NOT be doing LAFC, atleast for now, because this thread is strictly for the 2017 season, and LAFC is not set to start MLS play until 2018 now. That could change if I decide to tackle 2018 as well, but for now, I'm not planning to do them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Anything that throws back to one of the first few kits will work.

Definitely not gonna guarantee that. I want to create somewhat of a classic look, but it will most likely be focused more on their current branding, rather than their past kits as far as the design features go.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Oh my bad, I read the LAFC memo wrong. I'm loving all of these so far.

Thanks for your continued interest. Yeah, sorry about LAFC. I could possibly do them at the very end but that will just depend on how busy I am, etc.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Alright, I am back today to bring you the 2017 primary kit for the Columbus Crew. Seeing as they are switching the black kit to the primary this season and the awful new secondary shirt features quite a bit of yellow, I decided to once again make a black primary kit, but this time with yellow being much more prevalent. Since their current kit makes use of the checkered pattern from the crest, I decided this time to implement the diagonal stripes from the crest sublimated on the front of the shirt. Yellow sleeves and a yellow collar add some more color to the kit, and yellow shorts are the primary option, with black shorts as an alternate. The socks are half black/half yellow to finish off the kit. C&C once again welcomed and appreciated, and here you go:

Crew2016.png.0e260a75687c3a975456f01a314

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I really like it. One nitpick: the white NOB and number is a bit "out of place" with no white on any other part of the kit. It looks good, but make that yellow (or even make the name white and number yellow) and I think that would improve the look.

26 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

I really like it. One nitpick: the white NOB and number is a bit "out of place" with no white on any other part of the kit. It looks good, but make that yellow (or even make the name white and number yellow) and I think that would improve the look.

I figured someone would make a comment about that. I think I may change the adidas and barbasol logos to white actually instead of changing the names/numbers because it's just too overpowering for me if everything is yellow. Plus, the text in the crest is white so that could create some consistency if all the sponsor logos and names/numbers were white too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived