JLNHLSEGAFAN

Y'know, this reminds me of me when I posted my first concept. Hopefully this thread won't turn into a dumpster fire like that onearrow-10x10.png because I put a poll in it, look how much my design has improved with my 'Evolution' Posters and Signatures(shameless plug;)). It takes time however, and still when someone disses something I make I still get a little mad but that's natural human instinct. Hope this helps!

I think some people might be being a little unfair here.

I'm going to try to provide some criticism for you :)

-As far as the logo goes, it's not really anything new. Try thinking out of the box, maybe even try different leaf styles.

-For the jerseys, the design you have is fairly interesting. I personally like the leafs on the shoulders. Maybe do stripes or something other than the design you have on the arms and torso?

-And take your time on a concept. There's no need to rush it! Experiment on it a little. Try different ideas, and brainstorm. Creativity is key.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see what you try next!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

I think some people might be being a little unfair here.

I'm going to try to provide some criticism for you :)

-As far as the logo goes, it's not really anything new. Try thinking out of the box, maybe even try different leaf styles.

-For the jerseys, the design you have is fairly interesting. I personally like the leafs on the shoulders. Maybe do stripes or something other than the design you have on the arms and torso?

-And take your time on a concept. There's no need to rush it! Experiment on it a little. Try different ideas, and brainstorm. Creativity is key.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see what you try next!

tbh I think they're being completely fair. He couldn't even color in the lines. How are we supposed to take this seriously?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

It would be stretch to call this a concept as it's defining features are barely discernible.  Is the shoulder patch a black leaf with no outlines on a blue background?  Is the font the same as the ballard leaf but translated into a scribble?  Does the primary logo feature a black outline and if so, why?  If you're going to do hand drawn work, you need to be meticulous.  You can't have the viewer trying to guess what design choices you made.  99% of the people on these boards do not have the patience for that which is precisely why you are receiving this reaction.  

As for constructive criticism, try using a ruler.  Make logo and uniform templates beforehand so you can trace them to make things cohesive and consistent.  Felt pens are also a better choice for colouring as they result in a more even distribution of colour.  Define the fonts a little more and give them the appropriate colour treatment.  Black numbers on a blue uniform, with no outlines, is simply not going to work.  Hope this helps.

Don't get discouraged, nobodies first concept ends up being a masterpiece...  If I posted my first hand drawn jerseys, they would be laughed off the boards.  Whether you are going hand drawn or digital, it takes time, persistence and patience.  The more concepts you make, the better they will be.

5 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Don't get discouraged, nobodies first concept ends up being a masterpiece...  If I posted my first hand drawn jerseys, they would be laughed off the boards.  Whether you are going hand drawn or digital, it takes time, persistence and patience.  The more concepts you make, the better they will be.

This. Don't just think because it's hand drawn that it won't be a good concept. There are plenty of handdrawn concepts (many from Morgo, great job man!) that are far superior to digital concepts. With tracing and making sure every line is defined you can make a great concept. For numbers and logos do what Morgo said, print out what you want and trace onto the concept paper or take your time making your own font and logos. Either way, if you feel more comfortable going to digital go right ahead, just make sure you are also learning the programs and taking the time you need to show what you imagine.

3 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

tbh I think they're being completely fair. He couldn't even color in the lines. How are we supposed to take this seriously?

Yeah. It looks like a 3 year-old colored this in. It also feels like you made a deadline of 5 minutes for yourself. Regardless of what the design was supposed to look like, you can't see it. If you had taken the time to at least color within the lines that you had drawn, and made the color full and not scribbled in, this could have been a much better concept. And as for the black numbers, you said it was because you have white paper. If you use that to your advantage, you wouldn't have to even color in the numbers. You could have made the outline of the numbers, and then left them white. 

Two really big tips to help for your next concept is to take your time, and to be organized. Everything that you put into the concept is all over the paper. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived