Florida Panthers Logo

mcrosby

2 hours ago, MEANS said:

Nice start! I think the first thing that stands out to me is the eyes, they lack the intensity of the original. Maybe the pupils need to be red like the original?

Agreed -- red pupils could bring back that intensity, and the eyes could be a little bit larger.

I also think it needs just a few more gold highlights on the left side to balance out the navy shadowing and the thick navy outline.

WICKED!

The full red eyes makes it look right out of an horror movie, how about a white outline at the bottom, similar to your original concept?

I would also be curious to see the cat without the back legs and tail. Sorta a surreal combo with the realistic head. Would lend itself to a shield type of logo too.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

While I love intense logos, I actually think the solid red eyes may be a little too far, haha. 

I think it would help to make a distinction between the chest and body, like the previous logo. I also think you could make the whisker lines a little larger, and maybe add a little definition to the left paw so it's a bit less of a blue mass over there? And maybe some definition of arms on the other side? without the definition of arms/chest, his body feels a bit like a flying squirrel.

Great job! I feel it is a major upgrade. The only part that confuses me is the shadowing. Where is the light source coming from that causes the shadowing to be where it is? Top right shining diagonally down left? Mid-line right shining left? Bottom right shining diagonally up left? I can't tell on your update. On the original logo the light source seems to be bottom right shining diagonally up left. I hope you can understand my thoughts.

I'm sorry but I still prefer the original.  In particular, I miss the red paws and tail...  That being said, I think your concept is more than good enough to be the primary and likely will blow what they have in store out of the water.

Those new eyes are perfect.  Overall, a great update of the Panthers original logo.  My only concern is the shadows on the Panthers left paw (our right), it seems like the shadows should be on the inside instead of the outside.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I tried something like this a few years ago: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96786-nhl-super-league/?do=findComment&comment=2165160

I think showing whiskers would be nice; maybe blue whiskers on the gold on the right, gold on the blue on the left. It might help break up all the negative space on the left side (his right) of the face. And like others, I think showing pads on the paws would be great.

Lastly, if the white belly is illuminated--which it is, since we can see it--then I'd look at trying a few more highlights on the legs, feet, tail, and maybe left shoulder. Nothing crazy.

I think the latest version nailed the eyes. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived