Toronto Maple Leafs New Jersey Exploration

MrWonka

For this first attempt at a concept I wanted to do something that most likely won't happen. I'm labeling it as a Modern Vintage set. 

After watching the All-Star game I really liked the name bar connecting to the back rather than just a nameplate, so I executed that with a whole set. I think the home dark gives a more modern feel with no hem but still a "chest" stripe. Then adding a hem to the white jersey i felt gave it more "beef" and gave a more vintage feel. Tell me what you think about this first one. Hate it? Like it? Minor alterations? Or just scrap the whole idea?

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.27.04 AM.png

Looks great,  I could get behind it.

One alteration I may suggest is that the sleeves look rather empty with nothing between the cuff and name bar. I would try moving the numbers onto the sleeves between the stripes and if there is any sort of shoulder logo idea, put that in place of the sleeve numbers.

Great work.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

As a Leafs fan,  I don't like the idea of torso stripes colliding with numbers and logos...  Too close to Montreal for Toronto. But that's just me. Not that it looks bad by any means, I just think that's something Montreal kind of owns, and even if the Leafs bump it up to the collar, I can't say I'm a fan. 

That being said, if we're strictly talking about how Toronto looks and forgetting Montreal, the blue jersey needs a matching hem stripe and I'd say it's perfect. 

I like it, very creative.  I agree with the other comments, moving the sleeve numbers down would help the sleeves look less bare, and the blue jersey hem could use something.  Even if it's just a thin white line along the hem, like the yellow along the hem on the all-star jerseys.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Archived