Are there any white helmets that are better than the color?

KJHillis

The OP was complaining about USC(east) primary helmet being white.  My understanding was the OP was wondering if there were any good-looking primary white helmets. 

Obviously there are a ton to choose from, but my first impulse was The U.  (also noticed someone else mentioned it)

If we're picking "new" white helmets, I actually really like Rutgers' new white helmet (storm trooper wannabe):

20268543-standard.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2016 at 3:29 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

i honestly dont think you can go wrong with a neutral colored helmet (white, black, silver, gold, etc)

Unless there is hardly no white on the uniform. It wasn't so bad when we had white numbers but that first link was terrible. Our new set at least has some white on the sleeve and a bigger helmet stripe to take away the overwhelming white. Most fans and people would consider us a white helmet team, but to me the brown look will always be superior.

wyo-13-browngoldmatte-3-620x929.jpg

25 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

Unless there is hardly no white on the uniform. It wasn't so bad when we had white numbers but that first link was terrible. Our new set at least has some white on the sleeve and a bigger helmet stripe to take away the overwhelming white. Most fans and people would consider us a white helmet team, but to me the brown look will always be superior.

wyo-13-browngoldmatte-3-620x929.jpg

That brown looks black though.  I love Wyoming's white helmets, especially now with the thicker stripes.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/7/2016 at 7:51 AM, Jamikel said:

In theory, a garnet helmet could look better. But the way these are executed, with the ugly matte plastic maroon finish and the logo plopped awkwardly in a white circle, the white helmet is easily superior.

The garnet helmets have actually been changed for this upcoming season (no more white circle). I am a Gamecock fan but I am not sure how I feel about them ---- I feel like the bird within the Block C kind of gets lost on the garnet lid. However, it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the inconsistent striping on the new black helmet. 

This is what the 3 2016 helmets look like.

helmets

This is what the black helmet SHOULD look like to maintain consistency with the striping on the other two helmets:

Black Helmet.gif

This is the 2016 garnet helmet in action.

USCfootPHOTOS080704176-2

I love white helmets with white uniforms. The Baltimore Colts and Arizona Cardinals look better when they wear their white jerseys. I also love the Chargers white helmet with their light blue jersey, but I like their past navy helmets with their navy jerseys. I also like the Dolphins white helmets with both the turquoise and white jerseys. I usually like the pants to match the white helmets. I think if a team has either true gold (as opposed to yellow) or silver as one of their colors, the helmet should be gold or silver. 

On August 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM, San Diego said:

These are the best 

2dtndqg.jpg

But the currents are really nice as well.

1383947570000-USP-NFL-Indianapolis-Colts

Both look better than the blue helmet imo

What I like about the new Chargers uniforms and helmet is that it has both light blue and navy. I'm a USC alum, but I actually like ucla's light blue uniforms. However they can't figure out what blue they have throughout their different sports. Some are light blue, some are royal, some navy. And their light blue has changed over the years. They would be smart to copy the Chargers color of light blue. And they should use navy as a trim color with their light blue. 

30 minutes ago, RickAZ said:

What I like about the new Chargers uniforms and helmet is that it has both light blue and navy. I'm a USC alum, but I actually like ucla's light blue uniforms. However they can't figure out what blue they have throughout their different sports. Some are light blue, some are royal, some navy. And their light blue has changed over the years. They would be smart to copy the Chargers color of light blue. And they should use navy as a trim color with their light blue. 

Light blue is such a great uniform color if used/paired correctly.

UCLA, Mid-90's Detroit Lions, Chargers, Argentina's soccer jersey, Clippers throwbacks. Oilers... 

On August 12, 2016 at 0:59 PM, miketd1 said:

The OP was complaining about USC(east) primary helmet being white.  My understanding was the OP was wondering if there were any good-looking primary white helmets. 

Obviously there are a ton to choose from, but my first impulse was The U.  (also noticed someone else mentioned it)

If we're picking "new" white helmets, I actually really like Rutgers' new white helmet (storm trooper wannabe):

20268543-standard.jpg

I hate the new Rutgers uniforms personally, they should've went back to the pre-knight helmet era.

Look, we all know it is just a matter of personal taste, often biased by what helmet a team wore when you were a kid or when you first became engaged with the sport.  I know I am heavily biased towards the looks of the 1980's, just because it was my formative period.  So, I lean towards:

Bills in white over red (even though the red is the period of greatest success.)

Chargers in blue

Jets in kelly green

So. Car. in Garnet

Wisconsin in White

Tulane in White

Indiana in crimson

Heck, most colleges in their school colors with only the ones that have worn white forever (Nebraska, Penn State, Arizona, etc.) not changing it. 

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I hate the new Rutgers uniforms personally, they should've went back to the pre-knight helmet era.

britt2.jpg

rayrice.jpg

I definitely don't hate the new unis, but I agree I really liked the late 00s Rutgers look (without the weird font that came right after this edition).

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

The Titans could plug a T into that circle, change nothing else, and I wouldn't even be mad.

Yep. That striping pattern on the helmet is exactly what they should've done since day one. Matches the pants stripe and is way better looking than those pointy spikes them and the Ravens think are cool for some reason. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived