Minnesota State Flag Concept

User9113

I came up with this Minnesota State flag concept. I have a few alternative color schemes but I'm pretty set with the design. The one shown is my favorite but the full album link is provided on the bottom of the page. The colors are darker versions or copys of the current state flag colors,The Nordic cross represents Minnesota's Nordic heritage, and the North Star represents the North Star State. I'm open to ideas and C/C!

URt5sM0.png

Full Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/TSGuw

Nice try, but people know that a Nordic Cross does not have to mean an illegal establishment of religion. 

I like the design a lot, but the colors may be a bit dark.  Would you consider lightening either one of the shades?  

And nitpick - I think the star is a couple degrees at an angle.  Looks tilted to the right. 

Other than that, I like it.  It's bold, follows the five rules of flag design, and represents the state well.  Good job. 

The star gets a bit lost in the cross' white borders. I would recommend basing the flag off of the Danish variation of the Scandinavian cross. A navy field with a kelly green cross and the white star where they intersect.

You guys are awesome, love this site.

Update: thinned the lines in order to make the North Star stand out, straightened the star, and lightened the colors.9KyTVQ0.png

Just for kicks; an alternate version I made based on the 1989 North Star Flag:

th5qmNG.png

On 2/5/2016 at 4:30 AM, JQK said:

A cross on a US state flag now a days will have every SJW and activist out against it.

It's a beautiful design, I like it a lot. 

Then they should protest Florida for having "In God We Trust" on their current, actual state flag as well.  There are any number of reasons that stupid people find for making stupid stands on rather stupid issues.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 2/22/2016 at 11:39 PM, PaleVermilion81 said:

I like that bottom one, but make the line straight, not wavy. Seems a little too corny with the wave. With it a straight line, I feel that is a stronger, yet more simple look. 

I know, I don;t like the waves much either. However, it's based off the Rejected 1989 North Star Flag which had those curvy stripes. Here it is with the stripes straightened out:uLj9U2X.png

and here is my original North Star Flag concept:

nkJr9xH.png

The last one is the best of the lot in my opinion.  Then again, I'm a big fan of the North Star flag, though I think your version with the eight-point star in white is slightly better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived