World Baseball Classic needs more logos

Serox

There are only 15 WBC logos, someone should update this & add all the participants of all the 3 WBC tournaments or at least all the 28 logos of the 2013 WBC.

I was looking for Cuba & couldn't find it...

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Regarding the World Baseball Classic -- Great Britain originally announced a cap design that they never used:

Great-Britain-Baseball.jpg?zoom=1.5&resi

I have no idea why they ditched such a nice interlocking logo.

Wow! This cap actually looks nice & better than their current one.

19 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I second that. A really good design. This is where a serif font works wonders.

Somewhat OT: How many teams does the WBC have? I don't remember a Britain one...

For the first two WBCs, there were 16 teams.

In 2013, the top 12 teams from 2009 were given births in the main tournament. There were four 4-team qualifiers to round out the field of 16. Great Britain was in the qualifier won by Canada.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:40 PM, Around the Horn said:

I second that. A really good design. This is where a serif font works wonders.

Somewhat OT: How many teams does the WBC have? I don't remember a Britain one...

On 2/5/2016 at 6:04 PM, cmm said:

For the first two WBCs, there were 16 teams.

In 2013, the top 12 teams from 2009 were given births in the main tournament. There were four 4-team qualifiers to round out the field of 16. Great Britain was in the qualifier won by Canada.

To add to that and give a definitive number... the first two classics had 16 teams, the last classic had 28 teams counting the qualifying round and 2017 (counting the 2016 qualifying round) will also have 28 but Pakistan is replacing Thailand this time. So in total there are (or have been) 29 teams.

No clue how Thailand was specifically selected to be cut.

5 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Has anyone else noticed how boring this years set of uniforms looks? Australia's home whites were horrible last night. 

I seem to recall the qualifiers having simplified unis for their rounds and the top 16 had the classic gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2016 at 5:43 PM, Anubis2051 said:

Has anyone else noticed how boring this years set of uniforms looks? Australia's home whites were horrible last night. 

Yeah I liked Australia the best but all the uniforms were too plain. The wordmarks, caps, and all colors were fine but the uniforms all needed a little extra details, either piping, sleeve cuffs, names on back, not everything but some things were needed to add to them.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah I liked Australia the best but all the uniforms were too plain. The wordmarks, caps, and all colors were fine but the uniforms all needed a little extra details, either piping, sleeve cuffs, names on back, not everything but some things were needed to add to them.

Even just a second layer around the name would've done wonders....

Anubis.png

Archived