KC Scouts Concepts

PackMan

I'm doing another concept which I just finished today. Here are some concepts for a defunct hockey team, the Kansas City Scouts. I only made a home and road jersey. Ask me to do more if you want to.

56b4d01106ede_KCScoutsAway.thumb.png.af7

56b4d0130b761_KCScoutsHome.thumb.png.84e

591ec53b9bf0a_ABLChamps.png.988aea6f30fd9cb827c4ad87f8b6d031.png

A hockey player wearing a jersey that features a Native American wearing a hockey jersey that features a Native American ... I feel like I'm in Inception. :)  Honestly, though, I would get rid of the logo on the Native American's jersey, and maybe replace it with the KC logo.

Speaking of the KC logo, they're upside down on the shoulders. The way they are now, when the jersey is worn, they'd be upside down. 

I think you should go full yoke on the white set, rather than just the phantom yoke. Fill in the yoke with a colour — not sure whether red or navy would work best.

The names and numbers on the back of the red set should be either yellow or white. Navy on red wouldn't be very legible, even with a yellow outline.

Also, work on getting your striping consistent across all your elements — in the number of stripes, the pattern of colours, the thickness and the spacing. On the red set, you've got three navy stripes on a yellow field on the hems and the socks, but they're spaced out further on the socks. Then only two navy stripes on a yellow field on the field. Things like that should be more consistent.

Make a set of socks with a white base colour for the white set.

And don't forget about the numbers on the sleeves!

I was wondering the same thing about the logo. I always thought that a more modern and less controversial logo for a team called Scouts would be one of a peregrine falcon. If it could be done in First Nations art style a la Seattle Seahawks, it would be fantastic, and pay proper respect to the cultures native to the area.

8 hours ago, officeglenn said:

A hockey player wearing a jersey that features a Native American wearing a hockey jersey that features a Native American ... I feel like I'm in Inception. :)  Honestly, though, I would get rid of the logo on the Native American's jersey, and maybe replace it with the KC logo.

Speaking of the KC logo, they're upside down on the shoulders. The way they are now, when the jersey is worn, they'd be upside down. 

I think you should go full yoke on the white set, rather than just the phantom yoke. Fill in the yoke with a colour — not sure whether red or navy would work best.

The names and numbers on the back of the red set should be either yellow or white. Navy on red wouldn't be very legible, even with a yellow outline.

Also, work on getting your striping consistent across all your elements — in the number of stripes, the pattern of colours, the thickness and the spacing. On the red set, you've got three navy stripes on a yellow field on the hems and the socks, but they're spaced out further on the socks. Then only two navy stripes on a yellow field on the field. Things like that should be more consistent.

Make a set of socks with a white base colour for the white set.

And don't forget about the numbers on the sleeves!

I'm working on it

56b55a0ba3b40_KCScoutsHome.thumb.png.d22

I fixed the shoulder patches, and removed the ever-so-controversial Native American logo. Next is the road uni. Sorry, I just like the numbers the way they are. I might fix it later if something else seems incorrect.

Thank god you dropped the first logo. Not that it was poorly executed but ones that are based on a specific minority group of people that includes exaggerated features and stereotypes are ones why should be getting rid of, not making.

With the name scouts there are a lot of options for logos that you could come up with. Like mentioned, one of a falcon, or something based on the original logo with a man on a horse appearing to "scout" ahead on a horse.

I'm thinking about designing a third jersey for this series, and I want you guys to decide: Should I use these logos in the classic color scheme, or with a little Vegas Gold mixed in? The logo idea was suggested by both Magnus and CanucksBrad, so I'd like to thank them for that.56b676134f80a_2ScoutsLogos.thumb.png.c37

25 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

Not bad, but what I actually had in mind would be the bird sitting on a tree top, possible scouting it's prey.

Like:

Falcon.jpg

or

Peregrine_Falcon_w02-50-103_l.jpg

With your suggestion, I think I should make another alternate logo, which has the falcon perched on a hockey stick, a la St. Louis Cardinals. (It also uses the same colors of the Cards. :lol:)

56b6904747aac_2moreScoutslogos.thumb.png

They're here! Now the hockey stick doesn't look as good to me, (correct me if I'm wrong) but other than that, these turned out great! Of course I did a Vegas Gold version...

Without further ado, here's the THIRD JERSEY! I decided to put my falcon-on-the-stick logo for this one instead of the flying falcon logo.

56b6a371bb484_KCScoutsThirdJersey.thumb.

And here are the other 2 jerseys, corrected for inconsistencies and sleeve numbers.

56b6a3a934532_KCScoutsHome.thumb.png.138

56b6a3ab7c844_KCScoutsAway.thumb.png.92a

That falcon-on-a-stick logo gets lost in the jersey. And it's reminiscent of the St. Louis Cardinals' logo, which wouldn't go over well in KC. 

But I do like the progress of this concept. A nice example of using C&C well. 

Archived