Personal Logo Help

timberwolf

(Not sure if this is in the right forum, although I've seen personal stuff like this here before)

Don't need a ton of critique, but I'm trying to create a new personal logo for myself.

Old - A J and B connected. Modified from Arizona Wildcats font...

image.thumb.png.e1df8d8c2d0c921838665d06

(image quality is bad)

New - and B and a D (Bosch Design) intertwined. Font is modified from a font called StrikeEmOut (found on DaFont)....

image.thumb.png.b79f7a23d9054c3a24c27e44

5 hours ago, PaperThin said:

I like the new personal logo. Personally, I'd make the top half of the B the same size of the bottom. Also, in the top left corner of the B, it's curved, however, the bottom left corner of the B is a perfect 90 degree angle.

Glad you caught that. Thanks for the feedback.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

Looks good to me, huge improvement.

Much appreciated.

Is there a reason you chose this particular font, and used flag-type arrows on the serifs? A personal logo for a designer should tell a little about you or your work. With this logo, it doesn't say "designer" so much as it says "school/university/baseball team". I know there are many other designers who have used monograms, but there seems to be more creativity and thought into them; yours looks too much like the San Diego Padres monogram.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

28 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Is there a reason you chose this particular font, and used flag-type arrows on the serifs? A personal logo for a designer should tell a little about you or your work. With this logo, it doesn't say "designer" so much as it says "school/university/baseball team". I know there are many other designers who have used monograms, but there seems to be more creativity and thought into them; yours looks too much like the San Diego Padres monogram.

I chose the font with the flag type arrows because last week I found an old baseball game ticket with a similar style. I really liked the look and gave me a nostalgia rush :). I should've mentioned it when I posted it.

I actually had no idea how similar it looked to the Padres one. I only saw it when JoeDGemma posted it above.

• 3 weeks later...

Your logo is great, and while it bears a bit of resemblance to the SD logo as JoeGemma posted above, it really is just coloring (and there's a D) If you changed the colors, maybe played with the size inside the profile picture (right now it seems a little small.

tinysig.jpg

Archived