Toronto Tortoise Kings - Fictional Minor League Baseball Team

FroBroStudio

As usual, feel free to critique this latest sports concept. On a special note, this project came about due to the feedback of the previous project I've worked on these very forums. The project in question? Miami SC/96 - MLS Design. Although I decided to continue with a turtle theme, I've decided to change the sport to baseball rather than work on another soccer team.  Also, while I'll continue to work on the details for this personal project, the logo is for the most part finished since I'll be working on other art projects in the future.TKBC1.thumb.png.fe82954096896f515d460c2dTKBC2.thumb.png.dbdbbd0ca2a9e191de7e34f8TKBC3.thumb.png.aa9b985bf886578e2df4fe33TKBC4.thumb.png.bd022f3d7764c042ce1ced3aTKBC5.thumb.png.5626b7931977dafc23ff663fTKBC6.thumb.png.18370f4131aa64997665c043TKBC7.thumb.png.cebce75b3ebbb7ab0a280827TKBC8.thumb.png.7337b33232652b13020259e1

Looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of out there mascots. Tortoise Kings is a good one. Really like the use of muddy colors in the uniforms.

If I could offer a little critique it would be the tortoise head, I'm not real up on tortoise anatomy but it looks a little 'raptorish'. It doesn't really read tortoise at first glance. Only after I see the team name do I go, "Yeah, I see it!".

On 2/6/2016 at 6:09 PM, XenonDesigns said:

Looks amazing overall! And it's quite the name, Tortoise Kings...haha. But what's the point of the dots in the background of the primary?

Thank You! As for the dots, there's really no reason. I felt that it needed a background to stand out. No deeper meaning behind it i'm afraid...

On 2/7/2016 at 10:14 AM, KentuckyX said:

Looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of out there mascots. Tortoise Kings is a good one. Really like the use of muddy colors in the uniforms.

If I could offer a little critique it would be the tortoise head, I'm not real up on tortoise anatomy but it looks a little 'raptorish'. It doesn't really read tortoise at first glance. Only after I see the team name do I go, "Yeah, I see it!".

Yeah, it was a struggle for me to get the head somewhat right. I'm not sure I still have it right due to the neck though. But, since this is a personal exercise for me, there's always room for improvement in the future.

Archived