Sign in to follow this  
nitroseed

Survivor Series Quarterfinals, Round 1 - The Vote

Well, after almost a full week, we have come to the end of Round 1 of the Survivor Series Quarterfinals! I have received all 8 entries, and I must say... I am thoroughly impressed. This is some of the best work I've seen come across the boards in a while. Thank all of you that participated for really exceeding my hopes and expectations. I'm very glad that this contest could bring out this level of skill.

SO! With that, it's time to commence voting! Ah... but there is a bit of a twist this round. Normally, we'd let the good citizens of the CCSLB choose their winners. However, this being the opening round, I thought I'd pull a string or two, and deliver to you our Round 1 Special Guest Referee...

The Man Himself, Mr. Chris Creamer!

Yes, Chris has been given the sole power of choosing the winners of this round; appropriately enough, with the entries being personal logos for him! We'll let the rest of you good folks vote beginning next round. So, Chris, follow the links below and post your winners at your convenience. (Just try to pick them before Sunday night, please!) :D

And, a reminder: these works are being presented anonymously, so to the teams and individuals participating, DO NOT IDENTIFY YOUR WORK. Doing so will get you a nice big forfeit for this round.

As for the rest of you viewers, feel free to comment to your heart's content! And if you happen to know whose work is whose (which you shouldn't by virtue of the rules of the competition....), please don't reveal it, okay?

Here we go!

---------------------------------------------------

Set 1 - Entry 1A vs. Entry 1B

Set 2 - Entry 2A vs. Entry 2B

Set 3 - Entry 3A vs. Entry 3B

Set 4 - Entry 4A vs. Entry 4B

Once Chris picks the winners, I will make the official announcement, and then the winning teams can make their elimination choices in this thread! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Wow...just...wow.

I guess that old maxim about too many cooks doesn't apply here.

I eliminate Roz!

Oh.. wait...

Nice work everyone. All I know is that this is a greats et of work, and I hope you all had fun workign with your teams. This was tough for me personally, cause i generally send my work to one or all of about 4 people on these baords, who were all either on other teams, or is the admin, Nitro!

Terriffic work. You should all be proud!

I just want to say on a personal note... I am extremely honored that you guys put so much work into this for my tournament. It really turned out 500 x better than I had ever hoped. Thank you guys so much, and keep up the great work!

Those are some great designs - a show of how much better members of this board are compared to some pro sports designers (aka Bobcats).

Good jobs guys and good luck.

Entry 3A is, without a doubt, the best entry. I love them all, though.

Congrats to all entries. I don't envy Chris at all at this point. Choose wisely ;)

Nitro, outstanding job on this round one battle. I hope to survive the 3 count this time around.

in the wise words of paynomind...DAY-UM these are all some kick-ass entries and may the best designs win, im sure chris will pick wisely ^_^

For once I would hate to be in Chris' shoes. He actually has to make a decision here. Sheesh that's a tough break. Personally my favorite is 4A, I love the cubs feel of it and the inclusion of Green. I think it's funny 2B is composed of the powder blue/yellow that's becoming so mainstream :D:P

I love the variety of styles. I usually can tell a person's work on this board before I see the name attatched to it. In this case, with the teams, it is really hard to do that. I guess that's a good thing when the style is the "team" style, not just one artist taking over and doing their usual thing.

Nice job,all.

wow. fantastic concepts up here.

chris, should we make bribAHEM cough cough...paypal arrangements? :P

Hey!

I already sent him $250 fomr the Wolverines deal.. he KNOWS who to vote for!!!

^_^

wow! some amazing entries here! i would hate to be The Boss!

Hey!

I already sent him $250 fomr the Wolverines deal.. he KNOWS who to vote for!!!

^_^

ehhhHEM....WE sent...l B)

sous chef felipe: senor shark, the entries for the first round are up!

IronChefShark: yes I can see that. These are some great concepts. I for one am not envious of the proprieter of this online community right about now

sous chef chavo: que?

IronChefShark: Chris Creamer, the guy who runs this board, has to pick the winners. Havent you guys read the top?

sous chef chavo: sorry senor, I was busy peeling the cebollas... :cry:

IronChefShark: which reminds me, we have to cater this thing. Felipe, have you made the salsa yet?

sous chef felipe: I would have been finished, but Chavo is being a pendejo with the cebollas

sous chef chavo: chinga tu madre pinche...

IronChefShark: CAYATE! You dimwits better get your plop together or its back down to Watsonville picking strawberries with your Tio Jose!