Survivor Series Quarterfinals, Round 1 - The Vote

nitroseed

Chris what happened for your :wub: of the greatest sports logo ever, the Whale? :D

Whchoclte, to get back to your earliest post. Our concept was dripping with symbolism (at least we thought so :blink: ) from the use of the baseball cap, hockey jersey, maple leaf, his initials, his silouette and what we thought would seal the deal the Whaler's color scheme. But Chris chose not to pick it and that's his decision. Sure it's disappointing to bow out (Paynomind gets his wish ;) ) but that's how reality design contests work.

I love the different direction your team went incorporating the mouse. And the execution was great. I had a similar thought to incorporate a mouse and his web design background but it just didn't fit. We went with a safer sportier concept that we thought would sit well with the voters on the boards. (HG and Commish we should have gone with the retro coffee creamer idea :upside: ) The challenge didn't stipulate that it had to be a corporate looking ID package just a personal ID package. and all of these captured something that related to Chris.

That being said, it was all great work and I'm sure all the teams put in a great amount of effort into their entries to get a win. Remember this is just a contest folks (the greatest contest ever devised by an evil genius). You win some you lose some.

According to my trash talking with PNM, I'm currently standing on the top rope waiting to drop my atomic elbow. Oh no!!! The ref has just been taken out by SyPhi and Wurldwide has got a chair...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a round.....thanks for choosing us, chris.

on behalf of my team, i would like to thank nitro, chris, and the other design teams for allowing this contest to happen and for allowing us as a group to step up our game.

Before I go into what I want to say, I'd highly recommend that you all go and read this article, entitled "The Bathing Ape Has No Clothes," which is a very striking commentary on the difference between style and design.

The Bathing Ape Has No Clothes

Now, that said, there are a few things I want to point out here.

Part of the reason I wanted Chris to judge this round that pertained to him specifically is because it is, more or less, a simulation of designing for a client. Yes, a big difference is that you had no communication with the client, but I can tell you from my experiences working with Joe Bosack: there are times when you aren't given a specific direction to go from the client, and you just design whatever you have in mind. Specifically, I didn't want Chris to tell any of you what he wanted because then we would have had eight very similar entries. I wanted all of you to explore your own ideas without any outside influence and come up with something you personally felt would work as a personal logo for Chris without him telling you what to do.

Throughout this competition, I want to emphasize certain things. The challenges I've set up for this tournament (and yes, I have all the round challenges planned out already) are designed with a specific purpose in mind. Some will challenge your ability to break free from tradition. Some will require you to explore new conceptual ideas. Some will force you to work with handicaps. I didn't just do this to give you a reason to make something pretty. I want you all to benefit from this. That's why I've said many times that winning this tournament will not be easy. The challenges are sometimes very demanding and very extensive. But, you're all very capable of succeeding in this competiton.

I want this to be fun, but I also want it to push you. For the most part, everyone seems to be having fun with this so far, and it's really putting some of you into water that you've never swam in before, that being the setting of working as a team.

At any rate, thank you all for putting forth such a strong effort. This is definitely what I had hoped for, and I'm expecting to see even better work in future rounds. Good luck to you all! :)

:notworthy:  You are wise beyond your years my friend! Well said evil genius.

Indeed. Roz and I agree on this point!

I want to thank everyone involved for all of their hard work. Nitro, running a contest can often be much more work than participating in one. Thank you for doing this.

Ultimate Megapowers, a round well played. In this case the client made his decision, and wurldwyde's chair is mighty wicked weapon. Much respect, much love, and a well played game. What follows is just wise play, and isn't an indictment of any respect we have for any of you.

WtChoclate - you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Voice it loud and proud if you wish. But each of us in turn has our right to call you a jerk for what you have to say. -shrug- a wicked side effect of freedom of speech: the freedom of talking back.

Chris, thank you for judging and being involved in this contest. No matter whose designs you picked, it was a tough choice, a difficult decision, and I don't envy you having to stick your neck out.

I'd also like to thank my agent, Martin Bettstein, and my lawyer, Yale Hollander. The craft services director, Mike Friedman, and my dog walker Sabrina.

And to the fans... well, that?s just fuse, isn?t it? We love you fuse!

Super Insane Crayola Killazz - We out!

SICK!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Chris I respect what you do for the board but in my opinion you truly botched this one.  I will live with the decision, hell I volunteer to leave the contest if DESIGN will not matter.  Congrats to the winners, just one mans opinion.

whchoclte - that's 5 and a game for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. You may now leave the playing surface. :hockeysmiley:

whchoclte...

Calling someone out for "by far having the worst design" is completely uncalled-for and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line. Remember this when you feel like venting...

"It's a lot harder to tick people off by keeping your mouth shut."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm very proud of my teammates on Team SICK. I had to take a back seat through most of Round One to deal with some personal problems, so it's nice to come back top see my squad kickin' ass and taking names, and now I'm back to deliver that extra muscle to rest of the MegaPowers. (Würldwyde's got the Sharpshooter ready for rest of y'all). :)

Congrats to my teammates, thank you to the MegaPowers for one hell of a match, and Ilook forward to the next round with you guys. The confidence boost will only make us stronger now.

Thank you to Chris for picking our design. :notworthy:

Watcha gonna do, when we get SICK all over you?!?!?!

My bad to everyone for my comments especially Chris and Nitro. Kind of got caught up in the competition and when the juices flow they flow. Cant take it back just move on, if you hate me okay, wont be the first or last if not okay holla at me anytime.

Yeah the words "worst design" was wrong and i meant to disrespect no team or no design. Just thought that the originality come up with by not even myself cause I was on vacation, but my two teammates was stellar and should have garnered recognition.

Play on fellas, as a great movie Backdraft once said "You Go, We Go". G3 all the way.

And so i watch and get my pencil ready.

Holy Craft!

Where does one start to give feedback?

:notworthy:

So many good elements all over...

Congrats to All!

QUESTION FOR CC:

Are you chosing ONE for your new identity?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

if anyone cares, lo-fi went with a very "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien" look. i was looking through some old magazines i have and thinking that we should really go with an old school, retro, 60's lo-fi look. i think, also, as a team, we didn't want to got with a "sports logo" look, and i think we really succeeded.....i found the font we used for the wordmark and instantly fell in love with the look of it.....the whole design was built around the wordmark.

again, great job to designing 5-0 and to everyone else.

this contest is the plop!!!

....good.... god...

Mock.. you sure have nice taste in women!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Introducing the Summer 2004 line of Chris Creamer logo sportswear by Team SICK...

cc-apparel-femalelong.jpgcc-apparel-malegolf.jpgcc-apparel-female-t.jpg

ΓΔΒ!

Archived