New Premier League logo

JQK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the patch would be similar to the FA Respect patches. Interesting that the top men's and women's league in England use the same colors now. The big question is how will the champions patch look? Gold background still?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thanks god they stay with the Lion, but I wanna see how badge will look like, I like current shape, so It would be nic to see something similar. Anyway, this new logo would works good as an alternate logo for current look not as a primary.

By the way, this typography is the same font that adidas using in their logo, but Premier League is sponsored by nike, interesting.

4r2eer.png

Lion semi-passant guardant with ball > lion looking off at weird 45 degree angle.

I'm hoping this logo change doesn't mean a change to the shirt name and number font too. Although I suspect it probably will.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I am glad that they retained the lion; and I really like the purple. 

But the font is terrible.  It clashes badly with the majestic imagery of the lion.  The letterforms should be far more imposing, either in a refined and elegant way, or else in a Gothic / Old English way.

If they are going to use a modern-style font, then they should at least have done the wordmark in all capitals.  With mixed case, the wordmark is terribly weak. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

So glad they kept the lion. Also like the Premier Leauges push to be more modern and forward thinking. For some reason I am really drawn to the logo with just the "PL." It feels new and fresh.

2400.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

The big downside to me is the new patch they will be wearing on all the jerseys. It feels empty and I feel will clash with most Premier League jerseys out there right now.

25 minutes ago, cwonderly said:

So glad they kept the lion. Also like the Premier Leauges push to be more modern and forward thinking. For some reason I am really drawn to the logo with just the "PL." It feels new and fresh.

2400.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

The big downside to me is the new patch they will be wearing on all the jerseys. It feels empty and I feel will clash with most Premier League jerseys out there right now.

The prospective patch would go well with Spurs' "Spurple" kit....who knows if they will have that next year though :(

Zach.

1 hour ago, rohlfyboy said:

Apparently the arm badges will look like this. I don't like this at all. There's too much blank space and the curved text just looks off.

Jw6ciQr.jpg?1

It's a great badge, but for Sunday League football, for Premier League is Turrible.gif.

4r2eer.png

Archived