Sixers turning over ticket ops to Stub Hub

BBTV

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=368021501

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/the-sixers-will-run-their-ticket-sales-through-stubhub-beginning-next-year-and-that-raises-some-questions.html

So the Sixers will be the first team to allow StubHub to take over their ticket sales operations.  It will allow them to "maximize pricing".  I get why a team would want dynamic pricing and the ability to adjust to supply and demand, but something about this just doesn't seem right.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sixers local TV ratings are up this year (about 45% more, for the league’s third-biggest audience gain)

Haha, Adam Silver pulling the plug on The Process worked! Eat my poo, cesarano!

I remember in 2002 or 2003 when it was a pretty sizable scandal that the Chicago Cubs were selling tickets directly to a scalping operation that they owned. I mean, people thought this was unconscionable. Now you see that the distinction between the primary and secondary markets has been eliminated in the name of "maximizing pricing" and today's neoliberal fans won't even raise a stink because owners have the right to make money and theoretically make the team better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dynamic pricing is one thing. Price gouging is another. You're right to not trust the Sixers new ticketing "process," because they haven't earned a single benefit of the doubt.

I think it'd be okay for poorer people to pay the same $35 to see the Kings as the Cavs. It'd be nice for people to get a deal every now and then.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

WELL IT WAS ABOUT THAT TIME THAT I NOTICED THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS WERE ACTUALLY A 500-FOOT-TALL CRUSTACEAN FROM THE PALEOLITHIC ERA AND I SAID GOD DAMN IT MONSTER I'M NOT GONNA GIVE YOU TREE FIDDY IF YOU KEEP INTENTIONALLY LOSING GAMES BECAUSE THEN YOU'LL JUST ASK FOR ANOTHER TREE FIDDY

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived