I went back to my old Sabre-Tooth Post and decided to re-work it with fresh (more experienced) eyes. I see this working best as a hockey logo. My color choice is the icy blue, but I dropped a Preds scheme in too, Let me know what you think.

Added on 11/29/16:

Sabertooth.png

Added on 12/1/16:

NP2.png

118jchw.jpg 

ohnt7c.jpg

Its nice other than the eye. It looks droopy and not very fierce compared to the rest of the logo. It could use a pupil as well.

10 hours ago, KentuckyX said:

Lots of good stuff going up today. Really digging the blue color scheme. This would make a very nice hockey sweater.

Thanks, I agree.

10 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Its nice other than the eye. It looks droopy and not very fierce compared to the rest of the logo. It could use a pupil as well.

I tried it with a few different pupils and it turned out either psycho or cartoon. I may try shrinking the size of the white space.

Fantastic work! If that yellow one is a Preds concept, it's miles ahead of what they already have. Though you could hide some symbolism into the mark to make it even better.

The eye is fine as is, but to me the bottom teeth look a bit oddly rendered.

The smaller eye definitely makes the logo work better. I'd like to see this on a hockey sweater.

7 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The smaller eye definitely makes the logo work better. I'd like to see this on a hockey sweater.

Thanks! I think so too. I'll have to do a hockey mock-up.

i would love to see this as an San Jose Sabercats logo update but sadly Sabercats are no more :( great work though i dig it. i could see this on the ice for sure.

3 hours ago, JT17 said:

i would love to see this as an San Jose Sabercats logo update but sadly Sabercats are no more :( great work though i dig it. i could see this on the ice for sure.

The Chargers should move to LA and re-brand as the Sabercats or Tarcats in reference to the La Brea Tar Pits. 

On 2/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, JT17 said:

I love it it really looks good in all of these colors. 

I agree, I'm real happy with it.

We've had a couple snowstorms now and it makes me think of this icy prehistoric beast. So, re-visited it:

Sabertooth.png

29 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

We've had a couple snowstorms now and it makes me think of this icy prehistoric beast. So, re-visited it:

Sabertooth.png

The new one is a great improvement! I love the front view.

Thanks! I was trying to make a portrait view that would be distinct from others floating around out there.

Great work! Live them both, but throw that front view in a roundel, and you have an excellent shoulder patch for Nashville. 

3 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Great work! Live them both, but throw that front view in a roundel, and you have an excellent shoulder patch for Nashville. 

I'm not a huge fan of roundels, but this would look great:

NP2.png

1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

I'm not a huge fan of roundels, but this would look great:

NP2.png

Sweet baby Jesus, that is a thing of beauty.