2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

The Cubs are not going to be as good as most people peg them to be I don't think. They will compete but I can't see that pitching staff getting them very deep let alone a World Series title. Just my opinion I am not expert by any means. 

As a fan of an AL team, I am very excited for the season. Top to bottom there isn't a wide gap in the AL, it's going to be a fun and competitive race all season long.

niagaraq.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know of a website I can go on and find out what pitches that a pitcher has in his arsenal? I wasn't really sure how to google that. As a catcher I just find it fascinating and it's actually fun to sit there and watch a game, trying to predict what they would throw. Anyways, thanks in advance.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

26 minutes ago, bigbean24 said:

Does anybody know of a website I can go on and find out what pitches that a pitcher has in his arsenal? I wasn't really sure how to google that. As a catcher I just find it fascinating and it's actually fun to sit there and watch a game, trying to predict what they would throw. Anyways, thanks in advance.

I'd guess FanGraphs has a pretty good grip (heh) on that stuff (heh).

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Good News: The M's open the season... spring has arrived!

More Good News: King Felix has a great game.

Bad News: Despite giving up one hit, they lose to Texas... *sigh* I know it's one game, but god... no more one run losses PLEASE!

So apparently earlier this winter Adam Jones and the Orioles came out with a story that the postgame pie in the face tradition would be dead due to "safety concerns". 

Yeah, about that...

spacer.png

May as well do my predictions:

AL East: Toronto, New York, Boston, Tampa Bay, Baltimore (but all finish at .500 or better)

AL Central: Kansas City, *Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota

AL West: Houston, **Texas, Anaheim, Seattle, Oakland

NL East: New York, *Washington, Miami, Philadelphia, Atlanta

NL Central: Chicago, **Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Cincinnati

NL West: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Arizona, Colorado, San Diego

Playoffs:

Washington defeats Pittsburgh, Texas defeats Detroit

ALDS: Kansas City over Texas, Toronto over Houston

NLDS: New York over Washington, Chicago over Los Angeles

ALCS: Toronto over Kansas City

NLCS: Chicago over New York

World Series: Toronto over Chicago

I like how the two World Series teams opened up against each other and the two worst teams from last year opened up against each other. 

I didn't pay much attention to the Reds this spring. That lineup is YIKES. That bench is as deep as a kiddie pool and the bullpen is going to struggle. The starting pitching is too young to even have a take on them yet. Yesterday was fun because winning game 1 is always better than losing, but there is no beating around the bush - this is the worst collection of players I've ever seen wear Cincinnati Reds uniforms. I know I should've expected that, but knowing it was coming and seeing it in action is two very different things. 

Also, I didn't make it downtown for opening day and I'm okay with that

CfPt5PQVIAA2DHI.thumb.jpg.ade4c592e885c1

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I like how the two World Series teams opened up against each other and the two worst teams from last year opened up against each other. 

I didn't pay much attention to the Reds this spring. That lineup is YIKES. That bench is as deep as a kiddie pool and the bullpen is going to struggle. The starting pitching is too young to even have a take on them yet. Yesterday was fun because winning game 1 is always better than losing, but there is no beating around the bush - this is the worst collection of players I've ever seen wear Cincinnati Reds uniforms. I know I should've expected that, but knowing it was coming and seeing it in action is two very different things. 

Also, I didn't make it downtown for opening day and I'm okay with that

CfPt5PQVIAA2DHI.thumb.jpg.ade4c592e885c1

Mitchell Friedman . . . Who are these guys!?!?!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't even recognize my own team with all the different players. This whole "rebuilding" process is gonna take years and unfortunately it's going to feel like a decade.

Well, they're 1-0 now, but that's probably the best I could've hoped for.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, Norva said:

The Cubs will compete but I can't see that pitching staff getting them very deep

Trout and Pujols have gone a combined 0-for-15 against Cubs pitching, who've now allowed 1 run in 18 innings.

Cubs win 6-1. #FlyTheW

6uXNWAo.png

Archived