ninersdd

2016 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

The Cubs are not going to be as good as most people peg them to be I don't think. They will compete but I can't see that pitching staff getting them very deep let alone a World Series title. Just my opinion I am not expert by any means. 

 

As a fan of an AL team, I am very excited for the season. Top to bottom there isn't a wide gap in the AL, it's going to be a fun and competitive race all season long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know of a website I can go on and find out what pitches that a pitcher has in his arsenal? I wasn't really sure how to google that. As a catcher I just find it fascinating and it's actually fun to sit there and watch a game, trying to predict what they would throw. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bigbean24 said:

Does anybody know of a website I can go on and find out what pitches that a pitcher has in his arsenal? I wasn't really sure how to google that. As a catcher I just find it fascinating and it's actually fun to sit there and watch a game, trying to predict what they would throw. Anyways, thanks in advance.

I'd guess FanGraphs has a pretty good grip (heh) on that stuff (heh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Kersh, there's your run support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good News: The M's open the season... spring has arrived!

 

More Good News: King Felix has a great game.

 

Bad News: Despite giving up one hit, they lose to Texas... *sigh* I know it's one game, but god... no more one run losses PLEASE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, McCarthy said:

My picks.

 

MLB-Standings-Prediction.png.0d2738f107f  

 

Take these to the bank.

 

 

Be careful, you might soon hear from the Oakley copyright department

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Norva said:

The Cubs are not going to be as good as most people peg them to be

 

CfQaDfeUIAA2o2z.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubbies looked like beasts yesterday. Plus my Rangers squeaked one out. Overall, great opening day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Angels, for reminding me not to bother checking on you until June or July or at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently earlier this winter Adam Jones and the Orioles came out with a story that the postgame pie in the face tradition would be dead due to "safety concerns". 

 

Yeah, about that...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May as well do my predictions:

 

AL East: Toronto, New York, Boston, Tampa Bay, Baltimore (but all finish at .500 or better)

AL Central: Kansas City, *Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota

AL West: Houston, **Texas, Anaheim, Seattle, Oakland

 

NL East: New York, *Washington, Miami, Philadelphia, Atlanta

NL Central: Chicago, **Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Cincinnati

NL West: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Arizona, Colorado, San Diego

 

Playoffs:

Washington defeats Pittsburgh, Texas defeats Detroit

 

ALDS: Kansas City over Texas, Toronto over Houston

NLDS: New York over Washington, Chicago over Los Angeles

 

ALCS: Toronto over Kansas City

NLCS: Chicago over New York

 

World Series: Toronto over Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the two World Series teams opened up against each other and the two worst teams from last year opened up against each other. 

 

I didn't pay much attention to the Reds this spring. That lineup is YIKES. That bench is as deep as a kiddie pool and the bullpen is going to struggle. The starting pitching is too young to even have a take on them yet. Yesterday was fun because winning game 1 is always better than losing, but there is no beating around the bush - this is the worst collection of players I've ever seen wear Cincinnati Reds uniforms. I know I should've expected that, but knowing it was coming and seeing it in action is two very different things. 

 

 

Also, I didn't make it downtown for opening day and I'm okay with that

CfPt5PQVIAA2DHI.thumb.jpg.ade4c592e885c1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I like how the two World Series teams opened up against each other and the two worst teams from last year opened up against each other. 

 

I didn't pay much attention to the Reds this spring. That lineup is YIKES. That bench is as deep as a kiddie pool and the bullpen is going to struggle. The starting pitching is too young to even have a take on them yet. Yesterday was fun because winning game 1 is always better than losing, but there is no beating around the bush - this is the worst collection of players I've ever seen wear Cincinnati Reds uniforms. I know I should've expected that, but knowing it was coming and seeing it in action is two very different things. 

 

 

Also, I didn't make it downtown for opening day and I'm okay with that

CfPt5PQVIAA2DHI.thumb.jpg.ade4c592e885c1

Mitchell Friedman . . . Who are these guys!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even recognize my own team with all the different players. This whole "rebuilding" process is gonna take years and unfortunately it's going to feel like a decade.

 

Well, they're 1-0 now, but that's probably the best I could've hoped for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, Norva said:

The Cubs will compete but I can't see that pitching staff getting them very deep

 

Trout and Pujols have gone a combined 0-for-15 against Cubs pitching, who've now allowed 1 run in 18 innings.

 

Cubs win 6-1. #FlyTheW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodger Stadium officially has a new address.

 

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, do I love that early '60s Southern California style!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring Training is over, Padres.  Feel free to join the other 29 teams!

 

Lost 15-0 to the Dodgers Monday, lost 3-0 yesterday, and already down 4-0 two innings in tonight's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.