ninersdd

2016 MLB Season

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

Schwarber hits the deck. Piece of human feces, John Lackey, reminds Cubs fans why they didn't want him. Yet, the Cubs offense bails them out with FOURTEEN GOT DAM RUNS.

040813soxms10.jpg

16 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I liked it as well; the interleague cat is long out of the bag so might as well drum up some intrigue with it. However, there are two factors that likely restrict this:

a) the schedule is released in September of the year prior. That the Mets and Royals met in the World Series and then to start the following season really was just a freakish one-off scenario; hell, I don't even want to know what the odds of that happening are.

b ) The Royals, or, at least Ned Yost, kinda hated it, and I can see why the team conducting a ceremony touting their championship over their opponent the year prior (...this scenario would always involve the winner starting at home, right? Should be the case regardless, frankly) might feel a bit uncomfortable with inadvertently rubbing it in. 

Now, obviously, a) is an entirely adjustable aspect; frankly, I've never understood why MLB releases their following years' schedule before the end of the current year in the first place, because no other professional league I know does that; seems like they could wait until November and give baseball fans a little something to latch onto and discuss than dropping it randomly midday, midweek, during the pennant race. b ) seems like it would be a bit more difficult to compensate for, however.

I would assume the schedule gets released so early in order for teams' traveling secretaries to get a jump on travel arrangements and getting accommodations reserved before people start arranging trips for Spring Break and summer vacation, etc.

57 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

Bad news Cubs fans.

zDkr8LP.gif

Excuse me while I pour out a 40 oz.

Seriously though, I'm fxcking sick to my stomach over the Schwarber news.

In the top of the fifth in the Jays-Red Sox game, and there's already 2 grand slams. 

Baseball, everyone!

29 minutes ago, rxmc89 said:

Billy-Goat-2-e1431730668685-1024x864.jpg

You a$$! 

This might be the New Amsterdam orange vodka speaking, but I think it goes like this:

HA HA!

I didn't know Koji Uehara was still playing baseball. It feels likes he's been in the league forever.

So, Stripling just went 71/3 of NO HIT ball in his major league debut vs the Giants. 

I really love/hate this rivalry. 

2 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

So, Stripling just went 71/3 of NO HIT ball in his major league debut vs the Giants. 

I really love/hate this rivalry. 

And SF ties it after they yank him!

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

And SF ties it after they yank him!

The hit that broke it? Trevor Brown's first career homer.

I :censored:ing LOVE baseball. 

On 4/8/2016 at 11:54 PM, Cujo said:

Here lies Kyle Schawrber

CffJRUVXIAAizZa.jpg

Hate to be "that guy," but this was completely avoidable by simply one of the outfielders calling for it.  Even as a Cardinals fan, it sucks to see someone with his potential to not only get hurt, but to get hurt this bad this early on in the season. 

Pablo Sandoval's belt is like f*** this s***.

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Pablo Sandoval's belt is like f*** this s***.

Give this man his job back. Travis Shaw can't do that.

Bumgarner takes Kershaw deep to give the Giants the lead. 

"You gotta be :censored:in :censored:ting me!" 

Nope, sorry Kershaw. 

BTW, I didn't realize that Klay Thompson's brother, Trayce, played for the Dodgers. The dad, Mychel, played 15 seasons in the NBA, has two sons on the Warriors (Mychel Jr. Plays in Santa Cruz), and his third son plays for the Dodgers. 

Thats some good genes right there. 

I still don't understand why Caminero has a job for the Pirates. The guy was terrible last year and he served up a walkoff today. Guy needs to go back down. Hopefully he will once Jarod Hughes comes off the DL.