Jump to content

2016 MLB Season


ninersdd
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

What are you talking about? This is fantastic news!

 

Not that I would wish an injury on any player, but I can't say I'm upset about this. I didn't think ownership would have the balls to bench him in the first place even though it was warranted. I thought the shoulder problem was a cover up at the beginning to justify him being away from the team. Turns out it was real. Either way, not having him in the dugout is clearly doing wonders for the chemistry of the Sox. Barring injuries this is an AL East champion contender. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd feel MUCH worse for Pabs if he wasn't pulling in nine figures and had showed even an ounce of class on his way out of San Francisco. It's sad, really (not so much for him, though). The dude was pretty much a legend in the eyes of Giants fans, and then kinda turned around and hucked it all out the window.

 

Glad the Giants dodged that bullet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So... the Phillies lead all of MLB with 6 shutouts so far, thrown by the arms of pitchers that nobody has heard of.  Some guy who's name I had never heard before until a couple of days ago apparently has 9 saves already despite them deciding not to use a closer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a controversial Hit that was really a foul ball (and called foul) is reviewed and reversed, leading to a 2-run double for the  cardinals, much to the delight of BFiB. None of the replays showed that it was fair, but apparently MLB said that they "have their own in-stadium camera in St. Louis that the tv broadcasts don't have access to and it showed that the ball hit chalk."

 

Seriously. A camera in St. Louis that tv broadcasts don't have. Ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ASG voting underway.  Can vote up to 35 times; can only submit 5 ballots every 24hrs.  

Needless to say, I'm boycotting any/all KC Royals.

 

Oddly, you have to acknowledge the rules of their sweepstakes, which is only open to the 50 states + DC... which sucks after they welcome my Canadian locale & postal code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2001mark said:

ASG voting underway.  Can vote up to 35 times; can only submit 5 ballots every 24hrs.  

Needless to say, I'm boycotting any/all KC Royals.

 

Oddly, you have to acknowledge the rules of their sweepstakes, which is only open to the 50 states + DC... which sucks after they welcome my Canadian locale & postal code.

Looks like the Blue Jays won't have many players represented, then.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I were to use an image to describe Jake Peavy's pitching in 2016, I would not use a silly gif of a train crashing or a picture of an Everclear bottle. Instead, I would use this:

 

bond-11.jpg

 

A post-facelift Roger Moore creepily leering into the camera in 1985's "A View to a Kill." Like Moore, everybody knows Peavy should have retired at least two years prior. Instead, he's gone on to try and hide his age while making things painful for those who have to watch. It's not so much infuriating as it is kind of depressing. Moore realized that retirement was his best option, and I hope Peavy does the same after this year (or heck, midseason would be nice too, if help comes from the trade deadline/minor leagues).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Peavy should've hit the Ol dusty trail when he found himself winning back-to-back titles with the Sox and Giants. It's hard to watch at this point, and I'd almost rather have Lincecum in the rotation over him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

Looks like the Blue Jays won't have many players represented, then.....

Canadians (and others) can vote. They just can't win the trip to the All-Star Game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yeah, Peavy should've hit the Ol dusty trail when he found himself winning back-to-back titles with the Sox and Giants. It's hard to watch at this point, and I'd almost rather have Lincecum in the rotation over him.

 

I... wouldn't go that far. I suppose we'll see if the surgery worked during his workout on Friday, but that report of "waste of time" from those Royals scouts has me doubting his ability. Sure, unpredictability is a double-edged sword (he could take us by surprise and become a sub-4.00 ERA pitcher again), but I'd rather not have the Giants blow cash on him if he falls apart. I await the return of Heston from the minors, should that be necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Mariners have quietly won six series in a row, and just had their first season sweep.

 

Might this be the year they finally make the playoffs?

I don't know if they can sustain it, but that's a solid/fun group they have. West coast start times are tough, but I stay up late anyways and I've found myself watching more and more of their games on MLB.tv. I actually get to see more Mariners games now than I did when I lived there when seeing them meant a bar or a ticket to Safeco. I wish they'd lift the blackout restrictions. I'm going to the Reds-Mariners game on the 21st and I'm not gonna be one of those dorks who wears gear from both teams, but I won't be upset if the Mariners beat the Reds. 

 

 

Current Reds Gear Grinder of the Week:

- The bullpen has allowed at least one run in 22 straight games. It's almost comical how bad they are. It's gotten to point where if they score a few runs early in the game they aren't even worth celebrating because you know around the 7th inning a reliever's going to come in and give up a 3 run jack. Now that it's officially the low point of a rebuilding cycle results aren't important. I've started watching the games from first inning until whenever the starters leave and then I find something else to do when the bullpen takes over. The starters are the ones the team that have a future with the club. The bullpen is a stopgap collection of bodies until the team feels like it can fill that need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So a controversial Hit that was really a foul ball (and called foul) is reviewed and reversed, leading to a 2-run double for the  cardinals, much to the delight of BFiB. None of the replays showed that it was fair, but apparently MLB said that they "have their own in-stadium camera in St. Louis that the tv broadcasts don't have access to and it showed that the ball hit chalk."

 

Seriously. A camera in St. Louis that tv broadcasts don't have. Ok. 

 

Geez...that's really odd. Evidence would need to be pretty substantial and conclusive to reverse a call like that, and you'd think said evidence would be substantial and conclusive enough to be caught by broadcast cameras. 

 

But yeah, whatever. That is definitely weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2016 at 8:23 AM, speedy said:

What are you talking about? This is fantastic news!

 

Not that I would wish an injury on any player, but I can't say I'm upset about this. I didn't think ownership would have the balls to bench him in the first place even though it was warranted. I thought the shoulder problem was a cover up at the beginning to justify him being away from the team. Turns out it was real. Either way, not having him in the dugout is clearly doing wonders for the chemistry of the Sox. Barring injuries this is an AL East champion contender. 

 

Peak Boston

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.