ninersdd

2016 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

In a span of a week the Giants decide to give up 2 12+ run innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

Geez...that's really odd. Evidence would need to be pretty substantial and conclusive to reverse a call like that, and you'd think said evidence would be substantial and conclusive enough to be caught by broadcast cameras. 

 

But yeah, whatever. That is definitely weird.

 

In cases like this where there's evidence available to NY that isn't available on the TV broadcast, MLB at least releases a still photo of the decision-making image.  

 

Not in this case.  That call, which was somehow a reversal, meaning that they had enough evidence to overturn it (despite looking CLEAR on TV replays that it was foul) cost the Phillies the game, benefited the Cardinals, and no evidence was released and no further comment from MLB other than "footage from a camera in Busch Stadium that is not made available for TV."  

 

Bullcrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

In cases like this where there's evidence available to NY that isn't available on the TV broadcast, MLB at least releases a still photo of the decision-making image.  

 

Not in this case.  That call, which was somehow a reversal, meaning that they had enough evidence to overturn it (despite looking CLEAR on TV replays that it was foul) cost the Phillies the game, benefited the Cardinals, and no evidence was released and no further comment from MLB other than "footage from a camera in Busch Stadium that is not made available for TV."  

 

Bullcrap.

 

Indeed. Almost like NY made a bad judgement call and tried to save face with some bullcrap answer. Hopefully we don't see more of that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Holy :censored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 27 Yankees didn't get to play the 2016 Reds 7 times in their first 28 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone checked on Still_MIGHTY?  I just saw about the Tommy John surgery.  He may have thrown himself off of something high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angels' Garrett Richards to have Tommy John, and Andrew Heaney may be joining him.

 

Save us, Big Time Timmy Jim! I never thought I'd ever say this, but hurry back, C.J. Wilson. I hate your stinking guts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing Cueto and Samardzija so far certainly looks a lot better than Price and Greinke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bartolo Colon his a home run ... *drinks*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM, CS85 said:

Has anyone checked on Still_MIGHTY?  I just saw about the Tommy John surgery.  He may have thrown himself off of something high.

 

I hope so.

 

 

 

I kid, I kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM, McCarthy said:

I don't know if they can sustain it, but that's a solid/fun group they have. West coast start times are tough, but I stay up late anyways and I've found myself watching more and more of their games on MLB.tv. I actually get to see more Mariners games now than I did when I lived there when seeing them meant a bar or a ticket to Safeco. I wish they'd lift the blackout restrictions. I'm going to the Reds-Mariners game on the 21st and I'm not gonna be one of those dorks who wears gear from both teams, but I won't be upset if the Mariners beat the Reds. 

 

 

You calling the Big Unit a dork?

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five weeks in and the Cubs hold a 7.5 game lead in the Central.

 

b5d.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Last year, we had all the hubbub when the Royals dominated AL All-Star voting.

 

If the Cubs similarly dominate NL All-Star voting, will there be a similar outcry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 7, 2016 at 2:44 PM, The Six said:

Signing Cueto and Samardzija so far certainly looks a lot better than Price and Greinke. 

Imagine where the team would if they didn't sign them.

I know Toronto hasn't been as dominant offensively this year, but I'm scared of them with Peavy and Cain up next. If you play fantasy baseball, you might want to start some Blue Jays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting day for Bryce Harper today: 7 plate appearances, 0 official at-bats.  First time in MLB history a player has had at least 7 PA's in one game and finished the game with no official at-bats.  Six walks and a hit-by-pitch.

 

Harper also went zero at-bats in four plate appearances yesterday....three walks and a sacrifice fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NL's second-best team just felt the 4-game broom. These Cubs, man...

 

Also, 24 hours later, I still can't get enough of the Bartolo Colon home run. That was a thing of magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's literally no player on the Nationals (outside of Harper) that I fear... and I think the Cubs had similar thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, McCarthy said:

The 27 Yankees didn't get to play the 2016 Reds 7 times in their first 28 games. 

 

Eaaaasy now. Let's not act like a  "7-game sweep" of the Pirates and Nationals is small potatoes.

 

I will say that no-hitter on your Reds handed to Jake was nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.