2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Phillies are 13-3 in one-run games. That's ridiculous. I've never heard on 3/4 of their roster and they're 6 games over 500.  They'll eventually start losing a lot of those close games and fall back in the standings, but it's kinda fun right now. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies now have the (2nd) best record in baseball since April 9. 

Normally i think "since" stats are stupid, but that's basically right after the 1st week of the season. Their run differential is now -25, but they're +7 over 500. I still have no idea who most of these guys are, and I'm pretty sure even the announcers don't have any idea about half of them either. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, mania said:

Yeah, the Jays are just the epitome of sportsmanship and class. Give me a :censored:ing break. 

Rangers' sportsmanship would've been channelling their inner Kermit Washington before the last game of their season series.  

Now, they're babies.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

No idea who's at fault, who did what, etc. but Odor's punch just might have been the best baseball brawl punch I've ever seen. That was some TV show stuff. 

I mean, usually, you see missed swings or punches that are like slaps. That one connected, it took Bautista's glasses off.

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

No idea who's at fault, who did what, etc. but Odor's punch just might have been the best baseball brawl punch I've ever seen. That was some TV show stuff. 

Im surprised it didn't drop him. Bautista must be a tough mofo because that was as hard a blow as you'll see - baseball or otherwise.  

I'd have been counting the stars. 

Admittedly, I only liked the punch because it was Bautista and I grow tired of his whining after every call and bad slide. But to call the Rangers babies because they "waited till the last game"...cmon man. Bautista slid in a way that would've made Chase Utley blush. 

But like was posted above me, I'm sure Bautista was just making baseball fun. 

image.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Better than Mayweather/Pacquiao? I'm going to put the initial blame on Bautista for the slide. It was way too late and clearly broke the new slide rule. However, Odor needs to let it go and let the umpires handle it. Odor will get suspended longer than Bautista. Also did anyone see Kevin Pillar in that scuffle? Hilarious.

Maybe it's me, but the slide wasn't all that bad... I think since it was Bautista and the whole 'Bat Flip Heard Around the World' from Game 6 last year, it was a matter of time before something would go down.

I just hope the next time these two teams meet, he brings some Old Spice with him to block Odor. (:lol:)

18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Im surprised it didn't drop him. Bautista must be a tough mofo because that was as hard a blow as you'll see - baseball or otherwise.  

I'd have been counting the stars. 

Me too....right after I woke up. 

BB52Big.jpg

As a Jays fan, I know that Bautista is an a-hole. I'm well aware of that and he can get a bit tiresome at times. But what the hell kinda baseball player just up and clocks a guy?? Odor was worse there than Bautista and no one will convince me otherwise.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived