2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, CS85 said:

Kind of glad the Cubs division title was won in the least celebratory manner possible (during the night based on a Cardinals loss, while Cubs already lost at home to MIL and had gone home for the night).  

Bigger fish to fry.  God help this team if they play the Dodgers or Mets. 

I don't have any where near the energy or interest to discuss the stuff I discussed at length back in 2014...all I'll say is don't get too bent out of shape when the Cubs lose in the NLDS despite winning 100+ games this season.

Do feel free to get irritated at me for being a dick, though. Always feel free to do that. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I don't have any where near the energy or interest to discuss the stuff I discussed at length back in 2014...all I'll say is don't get too bent out of shape when the Cubs lose in the NLDS despite winning 100+ games this season.

Do feel free to get irritated at me for being a dick, though. Always feel free to do that. 

It honestly just depends on if they decide to hit.  They can't hit the Dodgers or Mets, and they'll probably play and lose to one of them in the NLDS, so nothing would shock me.  They could just as easily explode for a 10 game stretch where they just murder pitchers.  It all depends on the weird stupid inconsistent vibe that settles over their clubhouse in round one.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My fear is a redux of 2008 where it becomes painfully clear that all the Cubs did was beat up on quadruple-A teams. The National League was barely a major league this year. Come to think of it, the American League wasn't much better. So really, we're arriving at a postseason where all the teams were more or less preordained and the last six months meant nothing at all for anyone. Here's hoping the Cubs win the Stanley Cup!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These Giants wins over the Cardinals are bittersweet. Sure, I'm glad they're finally winning some ballgames, but these wins are hurting the Cardinals' chances of getting the other Wild Card spot! Obviously we won't get another classic SF-STL postseason series this year, but a Wild Card game would make a fine consolation prize. Hopefully the Mets choke down the stretch so we don't get deprived of this prestigious matchup.

16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Helluva finish to the Rays - O's game tonight. Nothing like a play at the plate to end the game.

Carry on. 

I was at that game! One of the best baseball games I've ever been to, up there with the 2014 ALDS game against the Tigers (aka the Delmon Young game). 

spacer.png

Watching the NL Wild Card race, and I'm just getting this sinking feeling the Cardinals are going to sneak in and pull another World Series out of their butt. Seems like a Cardinal kind of thing to do. Worse yet, that we could get yet another Boston/St. Louis series.

I'm still hoping for an Indians/Cubs series, but I'm also keeping myself ready for a year in which the baseball gods could go "Feel good story? HA TROLL CARDS #happyflight"

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Another Red Sox/Cardinals World Series would be the worst thing imaginable, yeah, and from my end of this, the road for the Red Sox to the World Series seems to be opening up quite nicely. At this point, they'd likely play Cleveland in the LDS, with their #2 and #3 starting pitchers both out, and then either the wild card recipient or the Rangers, with their absurd 36-10 record in one-run games, in the LCS. 

I've tabbed the Blue Jays all season to win the American League. They are the only team I would pick to beat the Red Sox in the American League postseason at this point. Loathe as I am to say it, the Red Sox really are the best team going, in terms of talent and health, at this point. 

spacer.png

Archived