2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

56 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The Cardinals have stunk up every postseason since 2011. This is nice. 

We need the Mets to beat Bumgarner, and for the Red Sox to forget how to play baseball and we'll be set. 

The Indians being without Salazar and Carrasco...I want to believe but I'm not terribly hopeful that the Red Sox are losing in the divisional round. To oversimplify - the Indians have to win the Kluber starts and peel another one of the three games. If they lose any/either of Kluber's starts, I see zero chance.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Wings said:

Cubs pretty much have to win the whole damn thing or America dies inside ?

I'm okay with that happening as long as Canada gets to rejoice in a Jays win.

3 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

No. No. NO! You want the world to implode?!?

You hate the Cubs and Harambe. Why are you so against the concept of fun?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 hour ago, lilben777 said:

So last year after the cards lost in the 1st round to the Cubs was not good enough for u??

No. I still had to sweat through that whole series which was annoying. I don't have to do that this time. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Indians being without Salazar and Carrasco...I want to believe but I'm not terribly hopeful that the Red Sox are losing in the divisional round. To oversimplify - the Indians have to win the Kluber starts and peel another one of the three games. If they lose any/either of Kluber's starts, I see zero chance.

Yup. It's kind of a shame too. I think with a healthy staff, the Tribe might have made some real noise in the postseason. A Cubs - Indians World Series would have been pretty neat. 

BB52Big.jpg

A Cubs-Red Sox World Series would generate a couple of "gee, this would've been even more fun 15 years ago" articles, but that wouldn't be the overarching narrative of the series. The Sox have won 3 World Championships in the past decade and a half - their days as a "cursed" team are long, long gone.

35 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yup. It's kind of a shame too. I think with a healthy staff, the Tribe might have made some real noise in the postseason. A Cubs - Indians World Series would have been pretty neat. 

The Indians were my AL favourite before Salazar and Carrasco went down. All this without Michael Brantley, too!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 hour ago, The Logo Geek said:

Finally a Playoffs that I can enjoy. I think the World Series will be Cubs vs Red Sox. Can you imagine the headlines?

BOS - In his final season after so many successful years with the Boston Red Sox, David Ortiz will look to cap off his incredible career with another World Series title.

CHC - Is this going to be their year? Will the Cubs finally end their long and dreadful title drought?

DUH-NUH-NUH! DUH-NUH-NUH!

2 hours ago, FGM13 said:

You hate the Cubs and Harambe. Why are you so against the concept of fun?

Because neither is fun to me. One is a dead ass gorilla that the internet gets a hard on for and the other is team that is supposed to be cursed to never win a World Series again.

3 hours ago, The Logo Geek said:

Finally a Playoffs that I can enjoy. I think the World Series will be Cubs vs Red Sox. Can you imagine the headlines?

We tried that in 2003. Instead, we were given the worst possible outcome.

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, The Logo Geek said:

No. But could you imagine the headlines for a Cubs VS Indians World Series?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Just now, PittsburghSucks said:

No. But could you imagine the headlines for a Cubs VS Indians World Series?

Wow, let's imagine!!....

LOVABALE LOSERS TO FACE RACIST MASCOT IN FALL CLASSIC

6uXNWAo.png

Angels season is finally, gratefully, over at 74-88.

Now, if I may, a case for Mike Trout as MVP despite the pitiful team he plays on:

.315 AVG, .441 OBP (led the majors), .550 SLG, .991 OPS (led the majors), 173 H, 123 R (led the majors), 29 HR, 100 RBI, 30 SB, 116 BB (led the majors), 10.4 WAR (led the majors), and just scrolling through Baseball Reference's MLB batting stats including the fancy ones, Trout leads 17 of their 44 categories. (Next highest is David Ortiz leading 4.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived