Personal monogram logo

FGWB

Hey all, dropping in to get some input and some fresh eyes on my latest concept for a personal monogram to stamp my work with. 

To start, my initials are G and W. Not two of the greatest letters to mold together in a readable, pleasurable manner. I've had a few variations but haven't been too satisfied. 

The other night I decided to give it another shot and began sketching some combinations. Today, I pulled it into Illustrator and cleaned it up. This all leads me here to present it to you all, and for comments and criticism. 

Im leaning most towards the two on the left. With the variant option I tried to better link my G and W with what also resembles my middle initial, I. However, I feel like it clutters it up and it doesn't breathe as easily. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

bufg.png

It looks like a great start. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I first saw a GEW for the left two. And right side it good, but I agree it's too cluttered. Maybe removing the last hookline (not sure what's it called), like the Green Bay logo will make it look less like an E. The top two (tilted versions) look better than the flat two on the bottom. Sorry if this was a little confusing, just ask if you need clarity. It's a good logo, though!

15 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

It looks like a great start. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I first saw a GEW for the left two. And right side it good, but I agree it's too cluttered. Maybe removing the last hookline (not sure what's it called), like the Green Bay logo will make it look less like an E. The top two (tilted versions) look better than the flat two on the bottom. Sorry if this was a little confusing, just ask if you need clarity. It's a good logo, though!

Yeah, that middle "connector" part doesn't feel perfect. Now I see the E (damn, you). 

When you say "hook line", do you mean the inside of the G down into the W? Maybe I could kind of cut that square out so the inset line of the G would meet the ascender of the left side of the W at the bottom right corner.

bufg.png

I didn't want to start the W on the right side of the G because then it was too far apart and didn't feel cohesive enough for me.

So I messed around with some arrangements and have come up with this. Also better represents my I placement as well.

gwlogo2.jpg

bufg.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived