umlegend1980

Corporate Logo Needs Tweaking - Will Pay

Recommended Posts

I couldn't find a forum for this so I thought this may be the best place.  I am part of a new church and we got a logo done by a web designer this past summer when we started and I would like to have it "fixed" as we are moving into a new building and are getting signage.  I like the concept but I don't see this as a final logo.  We paid a ton of money for the building so our budget isn't much but we are willing to pay $100 to anyone whose logo we choose.  I will run it by the other board members and then we can send $ through paypal.  I actually worked for a mortgage company who used an artist from here for its logo.  The member was Patrick Cummings.  I think his handle was pcdq or something like that.  Anyway here is what I think needs to be done to the concept we have:

 

Colors:  I would like the colors to be that of the Seattle Sounders.  So the beige would be blue the green would be adjusted and the brown would be black.  I am not a fan of the words New Heights being 2 different colors.  I am not a huge fan of the plain font, but it isn't a deal breaker.  The leaves would be better if they were more dynamic/artistic.  I would also like there to be 3 but also with it somehow not feeling unbalanced.  I want 3 instead of 4 to represent the trinity.  So there is meaning behind that.   Lastly the proportions could be different.  Bapist Church could be a bit smaller.  This is just a posibility but again, not a deal breaker

 

We would use the following logo iterations: horizontal full logo like this one, just the icon with no words and also the icon with the initials NHBC.  We have a version of that with NH on one row and BC below making it a square shape. 

 

I appreciate anything you guys do and hope we get one we can use.  I will put pics up of signage once we get it done.

 

 

 

newlogo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you can like this let me know, and i will clean it up and add in the second wave of the book, somehow got lost when i copied your image

NHBC Idea.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be put into the requests part of the boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2016 at 9:19 PM, AMinsker12 said:

if you can like this let me know, and i will clean it up and add in the second wave of the book, somehow got lost when i copied your image

NHBC Idea.jpg

Colors look great.  I have our sign guy who already recolored what we have but I wanted to take what we had and take it from what was really a concept and make it a real identity.  Maybe change the leaves to look more dynamic and possibly change the design of the Bible under.  I also think the Baptist Church may be better if centered. I appreciate your work, though.  If you want to keep moving in that direction, that'd be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, C-Squared said:

ogkuow.jpg2n0v53a.jpg

 

Thanks C-Squared.  This is pretty cool.  I do think what we are looking for is for the plant to look more like a sprout of new life. I am thinking your white area in the plant could be adjusted to form a cross which would be a cool hidden element reminding me of the FedEx arrow B).  I think my pastor is partial to having the Bible involved too.  The blue was to me going to represent the river of life.  Just some thoughts, but I think this is great work.   So if you can somehow move forward with these changes it could be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2016 at 3:51 PM, suplauren said:

 

On 2/14/2016 at 10:13 PM, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

hey man..

 

here's a couple different options I came up with. Can't wait to hear what you think!!!

 

I think the sprout is a little too simple.  But I  do like the wordmark. Nice font.  I think that looks good.  Thanks for working on it.  I really apreciate it.  If you can do something on the sprout part we maybe can get something going here.

 

T0XQ10P.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, umlegend1980 said:

 

 

Okay cool, do you like the idea of the sprout referencing the cross or would you prefer the leaves at different heights like the other concept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2016 at 9:15 AM, umlegend1980 said:

 

Thanks C-Squared.  This is pretty cool.  I do think what we are looking for is for the plant to look more like a sprout of new life. I am thinking your white area in the plant could be adjusted to form a cross which would be a cool hidden element reminding me of the FedEx arrow B).  I think my pastor is partial to having the Bible involved too.  The blue was to me going to represent the river of life.  Just some thoughts, but I think this is great work.   So if you can somehow move forward with these changes it could be awesome.

 

Worked these ideas in!

 

1zd7v44.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2016 at 7:20 PM, C-Squared said:

 

Worked these ideas in!

 

1zd7v44.jpg

Thanks!  I do feel we are losing the idea of this being a sprouting plant.  The double lines of the original logo give the feel of the Bible without the  outline that you added.  I showed my pastor the original one you did and he said he is partial to the leaves being like the origianl in basic shape.  I think what he means is he doesn't like the way you have the tip.  On the cross, on this one, I think it may be too exact and obvious as opposed to the chance to be one of those things some people don't see automatically.

 

Great work though!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly, I think the original is as perfect as it's going to get. It hits all the modern design features (sans serif font, easily renderable logo, neutral tones mixed with pastels) and has a solid look to it. The beige of the page gives the illusion both of the page of the Bible and the dirt for the plant. The wordmark is even and fits perfectly within a rectangle. 

Your web guy nailed it the first time. I don't think you can improve on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2016 at 9:39 PM, ahowe6464 said:

@umlegend1980 you need at least 100 posts to view/post in the requests forum, I think

So you can't even see it otherwise?  It gives me an error whenever I click the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2016 at 10:42 PM, nash61 said:

Frankly, I think the original is as perfect as it's going to get. It hits all the modern design features (sans serif font, easily renderable logo, neutral tones mixed with pastels) and has a solid look to it. The beige of the page gives the illusion both of the page of the Bible and the dirt for the plant. The wordmark is even and fits perfectly within a rectangle. 

Your web guy nailed it the first time. I don't think you can improve on it.

 

Thanks.  I like it but I just thought some things could bie fixed - mainly the colors and the leaves.  I appreciate the feedback though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.