I wouldn't exactly call news about Portland rebranding as being shocking since they've said multiple times they're doing it.  Shocking would better describe a team doing one that you didn't expect.  That's why I think it'll be a high-profile team like the Lakers or Heat.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah maybe Miami now that Wade is gone (let's face it, the current unis are strongly associated with him).  I like the current Heat unis and logo...and I think Mickey Arison likes the unis and logo...but it would be a decent shock candidate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

55 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I wouldn't exactly call news about Portland rebranding as being shocking since they've said multiple times they're doing it.  Shocking would better describe a team doing one that you didn't expect.  That's why I think it'll be a high-profile team like the Lakers or Heat.

Well, if the Blazers do a way "out there" design I can see it as a shock. However, the Blazers turned down such an "out there" rebrand just a couple years ago, so why would they make such a quick 180? And would the designs be done already given the lead-in times?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

25 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Well, if the Blazers do a way "out there" design I can see it as a shock. However, the Blazers turned down such an "out there" rebrand just a couple years ago, so why would they make such a quick 180? And would the designs be done already given the lead-in times?

I wouldn't even call what the Blazers are doing as a rebrand since even they said it was more of an updating than anything else.  I doubt the diagonal sash across the front of the jersey is going to be gone on their new uniforms.  I think the most likely addition will a throwback-esque jersey that mimics their 1977 championship jerseys.

4 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

Dallas, Memphis, Miami and Minnesota all have gifts to bestow upon us if they're willing.

I would love the shock to be the Celtics or Spurs changing things up. Or the Pistons bringing back teal. :P

200_s.gif

Seriously though, Portland is going to be more of an update. They've got a good, unique look. 

Miami or Detroit, if anything, will be little more than an update as well. 

I've had a feeling that Houston is going to integrate gold/yellow back into the permanent mix. I don't think that qualifies as shocking, though.

The Grizzlies are a possibility, but again, shocking?

Minnesota and Dallas would be my choice. They both look like each other. One should have more of a focus on green, preferably the Wolves.

I feel that the one who would be both in need of an update and qualify as shocking, would be the Thunder. 

sig.png

3 hours ago, hendocfc said:

A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now.

My money's on the Pistons :P

But anyway, I'm thinking Heat for the "shock" team, and Clippers or Thunder for the gift from the heavens. 

ExJworW.png

12 hours ago, hendocfc said:

A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now.

If I told you that "Thunder" was actually the sound made by lightning and not the lightning itself, would that change your pun? Or was it not a pun at all?

I could see the Pacers, Magic, and Nuggets all looking to refresh their looks, in addition to some of the teams already mentioned.

12 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Please be the Clippers...Please be the Clippers ????

As for the shock team....I'll say Golden State

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

12 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The question is if he's talking about real rebrands, because I totally expect the Lakers to get new uniforms next season. And the gift from the heavens thing sounds like Thunder or Clippers.

As a Lakers fan, I would totally be down with new Lakers uniforms especially since Kobe left and it just feels weird watching the team now. Kobe's been in the league for as long as I've been watching and it's so weird to me to not see 8 or 24 on the court.

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, hendocfc said:

A forced electricity pun? That's got to be the Thunder.

And I'm guessing the gift from the heavens is the Clippers. I mean, there's no way they're going to ignore the complete and constant trashing of their logo and uniforms, right?

So far I've heard that the Blazers are updating their uniforms, the Pistons should be making their new logo official, and the Wolves are rebranding completely. (Please don't mess this up. Please!) Are there any rumors of more that I've missed?

8 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually think the wolves unis are good their color scheme is kind of dull they need more green

In my opinion the uniforms they originally introduced with the logo update are some of the most underrated NBA unis ever. I love them. It's a shame they only lasted 2 seasons, the unis they have now don't pop the way these do.

2008 4 Home.gif2008 5 Road.gif

The old black alternate, on the other hand, is great. The white trees actually pop out against the black uniform. But of course they axed it and introduced a sleeved alternate instead.

2010 3 Alternate.gif

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

Shock: Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Knicks.  (And any recently rebranded uniforms since they JUST did it--with the exception of LA Clippers.)

Gift: Nets? Pelicans? Grizzlies? Mavs? Nuggets?

And shouldn't this be posted in "NBA Changes/Rumors/Rumours topic 2017-18 Season"? ;)

6 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Please be the Clippers...Please be the Clippers ????

As for the shock team....I'll say Golden State

I'm honestly expecting the Clippers to get new uniforms at least when Nike takes over. That would explain why they just slapped the new wordmark/logos on the old template instead of changing the design.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived