• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Call me crazy but I'm still partial to the gaudy city themed all star uniforms like they used in PHX and San Antonio in the 90s.

I can't blame you, those jerseys at least had personality. These new uniforms just seem like they were crapped out without any creativity

23 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

How about these concepts from jersey swap master VNDSGN?

Good idea, but shouldn't the NBA All-Star logo be on the other side?  Also, the team logos are too big--as seen from a computer monitor; might be better if watching live from a distance away, though.  The league usually uses the teams' third/alternate logo anyway, so they're typically smaller.

jersey2curry_20150215.jpg?itok=5bdNJEYO

On 1/9/2017 at 1:08 PM, pepis21 said:

I'd disagree with you.

2014 uniforms have one big problem, sleeves, without them, these would be a really nice jerseys.

2008 uniforms got problem with contrast, because of East silver back and West white front, this is why this game was hard to watch. Conclusion is, these weren't a bad uniforms except this two things. I

n other side you've got 2016 uniforms, which looks so generic starting from design through the colors and ending on that All-star wordmark. You can simply use these on any other ASG in the world and nobody will know that these are originally designed for NBA. That is the biggest problem with them.

The 2008 ASG is a nightmare to look at and follow on TV.  Would've been a sweet set of jerseys had they:

1) made the East all blue and the West all red,

2) made the East all silver and the West all red,
3) made the East all blue and the West all gold, or

4) made the East all silver and the West all gold (two light colors, but different enough so that at least it wouldn't have been confusing).

21 hours ago, sayahh said:

made the East all silver and the West all gold (two light colors, but different enough so that at least it wouldn't have been confusing).

I'd be a bit wary of that.  I remember several years back, I watched a bit of a women's game between Texas A&M and Colorado...the Aggies were in silver, and CU was in gold.  Rather annoying trying to tell em apart, really.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I'd be a bit wary of that.  I remember several years back, I watched a bit of a women's game between Texas A&M and Colorado...the Aggies were in silver, and CU was in gold.  Rather annoying trying to tell em apart, really.

East in white and West in gold, then.  Any of those combinations would've been less confusing than what was actually worn, IMO.

1 hour ago, Metro Boomin said:

Cavs are a few tweaks away from a really great set

I think they already had a great set when they came out with their current identity, and basically every change they've made (or added) has been an increasingly worse downgrade.

IIRC, they started out this identity with just the white home and the wine road.  I thought it looked (and still looks) great.  I know some people say that it looks too boring or like a high school team, but I don't think that's necessarily such a bad thing.  I still feel like it works and looks good.

Then I think they added the yellow alternate... fine.  I can live with that.  I get that it can be boring having just a white home and a wine road.  Wear the yellow alt sparingly at home, maybe occasionally on the road, fine.

Then the navy alt... I guess I can live with that.  Just wear it sparingly.

And then things went off the cliff with the black sleeved alt.

So basically, if they delete the black alt (yes I know that's unlikely considering the won the Finals in it, but I am talking from an aesthetic standpoint here), and wear the navy and yellow alts sparingly, I think that would be a great move.  But they let the alternates dominate things and that's why they don't look as good as they could.  It's not that their set isn't good, it's how they emphasize and over-wear the wrong uniforms that's the problem.

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

It's just their stretch uniform, it's not a true throwback and it's meant to be worn with the regular road shorts. Adidas defines the "stretch" uniform as a modification of the team's primary road uniform with the trim items being the same.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

It's just their stretch uniform, it's not a true throwback and it's meant to be worn with the regular road shorts. Adidas defines the "stretch" uniform as a modification of the team's primary road uniform with the trim items being the same.

I really hope Nike reigns in this half a dozen uniforms per team nonsense.

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

HA! That's funny. Expect the same amount of uniforms but with more VOLT™ 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Why would they do that if there's merch to sell, though? 

Surely there are a few duds -- I've seen about four people all time wearing those gray Boston alts here, for example -- but I don't see why Nike would be any different in prioritizing brand purity above selling more stuff, assuming sales goals are being hit.

at least we haven't hit international soccer trends yet, with three new uniforms for everyone per year, even home jerseys.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Nike, meanwhile, is expected to present its initial NBA jersey designs to retailers beginning this week. The company said it doesn’t plan to produce sleeved jerseys, a style debuted by Adidas in 2013 that received mixed reviews from players and fans

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/17/report-nike-doesnt-plan-to-make-sleeved-nba-jerseys/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived