55 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"NETS" was on the road jersey during the mid-to-late 80s and most of the 90s.

FILE+Profile+New+Jersey+Brooklyn+Nets+SK

0175ae214aed72529e372c96b3af2a38.jpg

nba_nets_11.jpg

Good call but I couldn't remember off the bat when posted. I love all those jerseys, even the tie-dye! I started being a fan in 2000 so in my fandom lifetime -- they hadn't wore Nets on the road until the reds came out. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

Hey Shadojoker, check out the NBA Changes 17-18 season thread. I brought it back up a page before the most recent page. 

Thanks a lot @JerseyJosh!

@panthers_2012 sorry I just didn't feel like digging thru the old thread for it..no need to sound hateful. I'm sure a refresher from @Conrad. is due within the next month or two as for who's getting new threads. But then again Conrad dud say we may have to wait until Adidas' contract is officially up (est. June/NBA Draft)

shado_logo.gif

On 11/1/2016 at 10:33 AM, hendocfc said:

OK... I'll reveal this but it's not confirmed: The Cavs,Pacers,Clippers,Wolves,Suns,Blazers and.... are rebranding for the Nike season. Will tease you a bit more regarding to the shock team.

@BringBackTheVet @panthers_2012

Pages 71-73 lies your answer but my source but mainly this post by @hendocfc

He originally posted on page 71..

"A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now"

he then revealed the above quote..there you go.

Sorry if it isnt up to your standards..but you can see(read) within these pages this isn't a lie..

shado_logo.gif

Why am I not shocked that the Cavs are rebranding?  

The Thunder NEED to at some point because that entire identity is still as much of a mess as it was when it was unveiled near ten years ago.

Phoenix is a minor shock but they totally fubar'ed the unveil of their new jerseys a couple of years ago.

The Clippers is not a shock as we all know the issue with that identity.  

Portland is one that could be a surprise so I will hold off comments until we something further.  

Golden State shocks me as I thought they would wait until they move to the new arena.

The Pacers is a LONG time coming.  The look is just way too stale for my liking.

Now I would love to see Detroit stop teasing all of us and be another one other than the Timberwolves rebrand that is coming.  A second one that I would like to see would be....Memphis.  To me, the identity just screams 1990s.  I do not know how the rest of you guys feel but that is my feel on it.

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

Portland is one that could be a surprise so I will hold off comments until we something further.  

All the other teams you mentioned have gone through several iterations in the past 25 years.

What's surprising is Portland.  They are one of the handful of teams who have stayed relatively the same during that same span:

Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Knicks are the others.  Chicago and Boston haven't changed at all since the 80s, and NY is wearing the their same 80s era design.

I suspect it's the ties to Nike that is prompting a rebrand though in Portland.

5 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

All the other teams you mentioned have gone through several iterations in the past 25 years.

What's surprising is Portland.  They are one of the handful of teams who have stayed relatively the same during that same span:

Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Knicks are the others.  Chicago and Boston haven't changed at all since the 80s, and NY is wearing the their same 80s era design.

I suspect it's the ties to Nike that is prompting a rebrand though in Portland.

For one, it's not a rebrand. The team president has already gone on record saying that it's more of a modernization with tweaks to their logos and uniforms. And it's not really a surprise at all, at least not to the Blazers' faithful. There have been rumors about it for the last 5-6 years and the team even conducted a survey a few years ago about the state of the team's uniforms. If anything, it's more of a surprise that it's taken this long. Although I certainly think Nike taking over the league apparel contract could've been the final deciding point whether or not to do an update.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Perhaps I have an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand the love for that 2000's Nets set...

I think it's a combination of...

• nostalgia (probably the biggest factor)
  • the team having some very successful years in that set (maybe their most successful years in the NBA? I don't know much about the Nets history from before the 90s)
  • the fact that a team with an identity as boring as a NET was somehow able to create an interesting, solid-looking uniform and court that both factored in their identity, and it didn't look forced or gaudy
  • the fact that their current identity is one of the most bland in the NBA.  When your new identity sucks, whatever came before it will look like the best uniforms in sports history (even if it was just a mediocre look).  Look up a picture of a Clippers player from around 2013 and you will feel what I mean.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:35 PM, Shadojoker said:

@BringBackTheVet @panthers_2012

Pages 71-73 lies your answer but my source but mainly this post by @hendocfc

He originally posted on page 71..

"A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now"

he then revealed the above quote..there you go.

Sorry if it isnt up to your standards..but you can see(read) within these pages this isn't a lie..

The other two teams are Spurs & Pistons

Archived