Jump to content

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

The Suns really need to lay off the black in their logos, for the most part. Dark purple and orange is the way to go.

 

Their BFBS primary logo will age very quickly, considering it belongs to a purple and orange team...

 

23843702014.gif

 

I agree with you 100%, especially considering with the Suns recent re-brand, they darkened the shade of purple quite a bit from what they were using.  It looks fine by itself with the orange. If they insist on using black, it should only be a 3rd trim color.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Discogod said:

"New" Jazz logos, courtesy of the Uni Watch Twitter:

 

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/730428980386484228

 

I really hope they really did lighten the green up a bit. I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but I've never cared for the newest Jazz uniforms. By making the new colors so dark they totally missed what made the original J-notes so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The Wolf Within said:

 

I really hope they really did lighten the green up a bit. I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but I've never cared for the newest Jazz uniforms. By making the new colors so dark they totally missed what made the original J-notes so good.

 

You're not alone. I haven't really liked the new uniforms since day one precisely because of the colors. The navy and green don't contrast very well, and beyond that, I've missed purple a whole lot.

 

That said, I have loved the J-note returning. I think at the very least, the retro return was the right move. It's just in the wrong colors is all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

You're not alone. I haven't really liked the new uniforms since day one precisely because of the colors. The navy and green don't contrast very well, and beyond that, I've missed purple a whole lot.

 

That said, I have loved the J-note returning. I think at the very least, the retro return was the right move. It's just in the wrong colors is all.

 

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I personally really enjoy the current Jazz away jersey. The white and the yellow really pops.

 

Utah+Jazz+v+Los+Angeles+Clippers+gYIJ5TX

 

Agreed for the most part on both counts.

 

As I've said numerous times before, the biggest problem with the Jazz's current identity is that it's just been too dark. Even the color palette, in a more saturated and/or lighter form (Blue/Green/Yellow) is unique in the Big 4 leagues (I believe only the Packers, when you count their alternates, wear Blue, Green, and Yellow, but only when you count the navy throwbacks), and I'd have no qualms with Utah sticking with that general colors. Sure, I'd prefer replacing navy with purple, but a purple alternate/throwback (aside from the green) would do just fine in rounding out the color scheme; the only thing I'd require is a lighter green.

 

I like how the side panels on the road uniforms are white, and that the white and yellow pop on it, but the blue is just a dial or two too dark; sometimes it looks black and the green, being too dark also, is barely noticeable. A somewhere-between-navy-and-royal blue would make all the colors pop much better. *Knocks on wood* I'm also hoping that the green alternates this time around have a near-all-yellow Utah Jazz wordmark/script and numbers, like the beautiful 1980s green jerseys:

 

deron_williams1.jpg

 

All that said? I still love the note logo, even though I'd update it like @Conrad.'s wordmark/script, and I love the uniform template, as it emphasizes the stripes and has an overall no-nonsense, neo-retro look. Maybe throw some mountain outlines at the bottom of the pants and, special alternates aside, the Utah Jazz's uniforms may be set for perpetuity 

 

As an aside, I'm also of the opinion that the note logo and the current template translates well to just about every previous color scheme (at leastwhen emphasizing the most prominent 3 colors from each scheme). Even though this is a hat (and probably from a shady website), I think it helps illustrate what I'm getting at:

 

utah-jazz-varsity-purple-teal-59fifty-fi

 

(Link here: http://www.ecapcity.com/utah-jazz-era-59fifty-fitted-hats-varsity-purple-teal.html)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

 

 

Agreed for the most part on both counts.

 

As I've said numerous times before, the biggest problem with the Jazz's current identity is that it's just been too dark. Even the color palette, in a more saturated and/or lighter form (Blue/Green/Yellow) is unique in the Big 4 leagues (I believe only the Packers, when you count their alternates, wear Blue, Green, and Yellow, but only when you count the navy throwbacks), and I'd have no qualms with Utah sticking with that general colors. Sure, I'd prefer replacing navy with purple, but a purple alternate/throwback (aside from the green) would do just fine in rounding out the color scheme; the only thing I'd require is a lighter green.

 

I like how the side panels on the road uniforms are white, and that the white and yellow pop on it, but the blue is just a dial or two too dark; sometimes it looks black and the green, being too dark also, is barely noticeable. A somewhere-between-navy-and-royal blue would make all the colors pop much better. *Knocks on wood* I'm also hoping that the green alternates this time around have a near-all-yellow Utah Jazz wordmark/script and numbers, like the beautiful 1980s green jerseys:

 

deron_williams1.jpg

 

All that said? I still love the note logo, even though I'd update it like @Conrad.'s wordmark/script, and I love the uniform template, as it emphasizes the stripes and has an overall no-nonsense, neo-retro look. Maybe throw some mountain outlines at the bottom of the pants and, special alternates aside, the Utah Jazz's uniforms may be set for perpetuity 

 

As an aside, I'm also of the opinion that the note logo and the current template translates well to just about every previous color scheme (at leastwhen emphasizing the most prominent 3 colors from each scheme). Even though this is a hat (and probably from a shady website), I think it helps illustrate what I'm getting at:

 

utah-jazz-varsity-purple-teal-59fifty-fi

 

(Link here: http://www.ecapcity.com/utah-jazz-era-59fifty-fitted-hats-varsity-purple-teal.html)

Cap City is not shady!! Been my go to for hats for like 10 years now, very reliable and do all their hats in store. Their located in West New York, Nj. Right outside the city. Once ran into Joe Budden there. I do recommend them, they even have custom sneakers, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Forgot to add that the darker purple is neat because the shade helps set them apart from the Lakers and Kings, who both use lighter shades.

 

 

I believe the Hornets now use the same darker shade of purple that the Suns use as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

jazz got new jerseys

http://www.nba.com/jazz/newlook 

 

 

 

:blink:

 

This is more than I thought would be happening. Really wished the stripes continued, though the sleeved uniform does tie back to the old warmup jackets. If you're going to wear sleeves, that's not a bad route to go (even though I don't like sleeves in principal).

 

Ah, jeez...they didn't even bother to put "UTAH" above the "JAZZ" wordmark on the uniforms, but I like the "UTAH" on the green alternate.

 

And, aside from the court being very navy-heavy, it's good, and I love the old note ball at center.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The court? Upgrade! Love love love the ball at  center court again. That's a move they've needed to make ever since they went retro.

 

The uniforms, though? *insert Kornheiser "WHY" here*

 

I just don't really understand them. I suppose the first three look okay at best and aren't by any means horrible, but that far of a modernization wasn't really necessary. It just seems like a modernization for the sake of it. The uniform really only needed some tweaks of color and perhaps the number font, and that was it. The base of what it was going for - a more traditional look - was perfectly fine.

 

And that 4th uniform?? Mother of pearl that's awful. Far and away the worst individual uniform they will have ever worn. So bad that if I go a game next season and that's what they're wearing when I get there, I'd be too ticked off to pay attention. Serenity now!

 

All in all, I'd say the court and dropping the mountains are huge plus points, but the WTH-ness of everything else really brings the whole thing down a few notches. Heck, they'd have even been better off just introducing the new logos and court and do nothing with the uniforms at all. Maybe everything will grow on me in due time, but for now I'm fairly dissapointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.