7 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

It might not have team/city markings, but I don't think it would have to be bland. Between the Finals script and the LOB trophy logo and all the related branding elements, you can come up with something pretty interesting. 

The digital placement was another idea I was kicking around in my head. I don't think you'd want to use that technology to superimpose a giant LOB trophy at center court like we saw a few years ago, but a Finals script inside the 3-point line at each end seems doable.

Please no, let's not put digital stuff on the actual court. Let's not forget one of the London NFL games this past season where the entire endzone was digital and it looked awful. The technology is not meant for sports at all.

It's better to put the logos on the baseline by the team benches.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

It might not have team/city markings, but I don't think it would have to be bland. Between the Finals script and the LOB trophy logo and all the related branding elements, you can come up with something pretty interesting. 

The digital placement was another idea I was kicking around in my head. I don't think you'd want to use that technology to superimpose a giant LOB trophy at center court like we saw a few years ago, but a Finals script inside the 3-point line at each end seems doable.

Fox did it this year with their college basketball games if they put script instead of the trophy hopefully it will get the playoff feel back

536BBEF1DEB94AB3A6372F8BC2C55A39.ashx555694557_1280x720[1].jpg

Looks like the Pistons are slowly revealing more elements of their new logo at community events, first on May 21, and then today, May 31. Images are from team Twitter posts. The Pistons have been making a concerted effort to reconnect with Detroit with the DETROIT BASKETBALL motif. At this rate, I'm guessing/thinking that there will be a formal logo reveal within the City of Detroit soon, presumably prior to the Draft.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Paul Lukas of UniWatch posted the proposed NBA Christmas Jerseys for the 2016-17 Season. Obviously the schedule hasn't been released yet, so it's likely most of these will not be used. They follow the same "Christmas Card"-style script and numbers as last season.

Washington Wizards:

Cj3MmALWgAAablU.jpg

Golden State Warriors:

Cj3MfWEW0AAKoYJ.jpg

Portland Blazers:

Cj3Ma9dWsAAJ303.jpg

Minnesota T-Wolves:

Cj3MWIDWEAA3pSY.jpg

OKC Thunder:

Cj3MO7cWYAAJAyz.jpg

Phoenix Suns:

Cj3MKFzXEAAyv43.jpg

San Antonio Spurs:

Cj3MEtkWgAEC8P-.jpg

Houston Rockets:

Cj3MAZBWkAA9AkP.jpg

Toronto Raptors:

Cj3L4lRWYAAil8J.jpg

Detroit Pistons:

Cj3LzmFWkAAb12R.jpg

New Orleans Pelicans:

Cj3LoFxWEAERPA7.jpg:large

Indiana Pacers:

Cj3Lj4XXIAEBghn.jpg:large

Denver Nuggets:

Cj3LaUzW0AA_n16.jpg:large

Brooklyn Nets:

Cj3LVKVXAAAKA7P.jpg

Dallas Mavs:

Cj3LOXqWkAEtzO-.jpg

Orlando Magic:

Cj3LHQmWgAAzoRk.jpg

LA Lakers:

Cj3LB9EXIAEoKtT.jpg

NY Knicks:

Cj3K9JGXIAASm2Y.jpg:large

Charlotte Hornets:

Cj3K2D0WEAA1cW9.jpg:large

Cleveland Ca... MIAMI HEAT:

Cj3KuvTWYAEfc-n.jpg:large

Atlanta Hawks:

Cj3Kj86XIAA9JtP.jpg:large

Memphis Grizzlies:

Cj3KMPAXEAA04PM.jpg:large

LA Clippers: 

Cj3J-9fWgAEc-Tb.jpg:large

Boston Celtics:

Cj3J0RQWEAAyl4H.jpg:large

Cleveland Cavaliers:

Cj3JsfzWYAAPhmY.jpg:large

Chicago Bulls:

Cj3JkSuWkAAVBsM.jpg:large

Brookly.... MILWAUKEE BUCKS:

Cj3JWujWsAACErR.jpg

Philadelphia Sixers:

Cj3JOe4WUAAU4gS.jpg:large

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm beyond confused with these uniforms, are they gonna just be the regular uniforms but EVERYTHING will be one color, is it that there will be white piping instead? I really can't tell. And then yea sure why not use the exact same wordmarks and number fonts from last year surely no one will notice that we are just sending it in in our lame duck season.

now After letting this settle in, I've come to the conclusion not all about his is bad. The shorts for T-Wolves, Pelicans, Bucks, Warriors and Magic are nice and I'd actually purchase those at a reasonable price. Also like 'Nets' on the black jersey. The rest of everything is garbage. 

GO NETS.

I really hope NBA wants to show Towns on Christmas Day because I really like the Wolves uniform. Los Angeles wordmark on the Lakers jersey is also unique (I was hoping for such jerseys for a while. Why would you have stupid Los Lakers jersey when the city name is actually Spanish?). I wonder if the league wants to showcase Simmons/Ingram and whether Kobe's departure will affect the Lakers national media coverage (at the end of the day ESPN is based in LA).

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Adidas screwed up bigtime with our Christmas jersey. "LA Clippers" on the front? Really? Why not just "Clippers" like last year?

I'm kinda surprised the Clippers didn't ask for the holiday Clippers script to awkwardly square-wrap around the LA, then add a basketball behind it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Adidas have no idea for Christmas unis, so they mixed 2012 ones with 2015 and call it a day.

I doubt these sell well, and they don't have the contract beyond next season so where's the incentive for them to put the money in to designing something new?

I think the whole christmas-specific jersey is kind of dumb anyway so I'd rather them put in even less effort and just "release" the teams regular jerseys as the "special event" ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived