• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Seriously, that bad?

You're forgetting that while most guys here - and I'm guessing you - are probably professional graphic designers or artists, most people ain't.  I was whining about it at the bar during that game, and two (non graphic artist) guys said/guessed that was why.

So that's a Shaq-uffaw Post-o-the-Year, eh? Reminds me of the chopper-pilot on The Simpsons, who said "Elvis played a chopper pilot once. He made so many darn mistakes, we were just laughin' at him."  

Ehm.  Wot?

8 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Seriously, that bad?

No need to be a graphic designer or artist (which I'm not). Watching a couple games or Sportcenter once during the NBA playoffs is enough to notice that the NBA doesn't give a damn about teams wearing alts in the playoffs... I never thought someone had to actually check to make sure, let's say it is incredibly obvious.

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Yeah the new Pistons tweak is meh to me. 

This is how I feel with the same emotion.

53267439.jpg

Well, the only things they changed on the actual uniforms are the logos so yeah, they feel the same. The DP logo on the shorts leaving was a much needed change though and the primary logo is a considerable upgrade. The uniforms are a perfect modern take on the classic bad boys era jerseys so I say they did the right thing.

2 minutes ago, Fuhrms said:

I just wish they would drop the charade and unveil it already.

And just to completely mess with us, their new billboard contains at least one graphic of the old logo included in there somewhere. They are mega-trolling us.

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

And just to completely mess with us, their new billboard contains at least one graphic of the old logo included in there somewhere. They are mega-trolling us.

What billboard?

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

I never thought someone had to actually check to make sure, let's say it is incredibly obvious.

I didn't actually check check, I merely noticed other teams wearing alternates later that day or the next day or so.

'Incredibly obvious?'  I'm glad for you, but you might be a bit too "inside the bubble" to realize that is just not the kind of info most fans have at their fingertips. In fact, an in-depth knowledge of uniforms and design is thought to be less than manly by a small swath of narrow-minded fans. But me, I love this place, I hope I can laugh at "Elvis' mistakes" too someday.

CLEstones, it's a simple, though apt comparison: The chopper-pilot and his chopper-pilot friends in that Simpsons episode are so wrapped up in their chopper-piloting, so inside-their-bubble, that an actor who pulls/pushes the wrong levers/buttons while acting the part of a pilot is something they find humorous, instead of a more realistic acceptance that it's not so important really, because there are so few chopper pilots around anyway. People often refer to an extensive depth of knowledge of a subject that few share to be "too inside babeball."   

wS7MJ6T.png

2 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

I didn't actually check check, I merely noticed other teams wearing alternates later that day or the next day or so.

'Incredibly obvious?'  I'm glad for you, but you might be a bit too "inside the bubble" to realize that is just not the kind of info most fans have at their fingertips. In fact, an in-depth knowledge of uniforms and design is thought to be less than manly by a small swath of narrow-minded fans. But me, I love this place, I hope I can laugh at "Elvis' mistakes" too someday.

CLEstones, it's a simple, though apt comparison: The chopper-pilot and his chopper-pilot friends in that Simpsons episode are so wrapped up in their chopper-piloting, so inside-their-bubble, that an actor who pulls/pushes the wrong levers/buttons while acting the part of a pilot is something they find humorous, instead of a more realistic acceptance that it's not so important really, because there are so few chopper pilots around anyway. People often refer to an extensive depth of knowledge of a subject that few share to be "too inside babeball."   

You don't need insider knowledge, you just need to watch a single playoff game and you would know

14 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

I didn't read anything after "apt."  Don't use "apt" and The Simpsons in the same post.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:37 PM, insert name said:

They'll probably do what they did with the Philly ASG logo and make minor changes. 

s43ge4l2o22v3vzah5oh482dr.gif

4763.png

Just looking at this, the newer one is nicer and cleaned up but I think the Liberty Bell is a downgrade from them trying to seemingly simplify it. It's such a minor detail I don't think I ever noticed it until today.

On 28.7.2016 at 7:57 PM, SlammMastaJ said:

Just looking at this, the newer one is nicer and cleaned up but I think the Liberty Bell is a downgrade from them trying to seemingly simplify it. It's such a minor detail I don't think I ever noticed it until today.

The 2002 one clearly looks like a trace job of the original logo.

I was hoping the Pistons would hold off until Nike takes over and releases something fresh with them. This set seems stale to me. It needs more than a logo swap imo. Regardless, it seems that they've fumbled the whole execution.

GO NETS.

Archived