Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

55b87a7883a84ebce052cfdf5337f192_600x400

 

Interesting to point out ... Allan Houston never wore those jerseys in game. He signed with New York during the off season they changed. This must have been right before the draft or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

Man, that is amazing. That's one of my favorite logos ever for some reason. It's not exactly a throwback court but it's pretty close. One day a team needs to just straight up do an old design. I think the 76ers did the Spectrum floor exact back in 2009.

 

EDIT: N/M - I realized there were subtle differences between the 80s court and the 2016 throwback court. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2016 at 0:11 AM, Josh.0 said:

I'd love to see this throwback court ...

 

13CharHornetsCourt.gif

It's completely over-the-top and gaudy, but the amount of memories that brings back is incredible. I'd love to see the Hornets bust out this court for a throwback night. And put it on national TV. People across the entire country would love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kroywen said:

It's completely over-the-top and gaudy, but the amount of memories that brings back is incredible. I'd love to see the Hornets bust out this court for a throwback night. And put it on national TV. People across the entire country would love it.

 

I completely agree with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2016 at 5:30 PM, vercetti said:

Anyone remember the 90's Miami Heat court?

I cant find pictures but I loved the hardwood finish of that court.

I though it had dark streaks across the floor or something like that.

 

 

I don't remember the dark streaks...but I did like their court.  All black endlines/sidelines with black keys and orange highlights.  Kodrinsky probably has it in the database.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, YessSir32 said:

Noticed this while watching Tobias Harris take a tour through the Palace, take a look around 1:25 mark of the video... Is this the design board for the new logo? It wouldn't be blurred out for nothing.

302047http://www.nba.com/pistons/video/teams/pistons/2016/02/19/1455912961343-LifeintheLeague_TobiasDay1.mp4-302047

Grabbed a couple screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jyhgcdhv7gm5yf/Screenshot%202016-02-22%2018.21.13.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0c85wbzuxzbn0w/Screenshot%202016-02-22%2018.23.44.png?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2016 at 0:06 PM, YessSir32 said:

Noticed this while watching Tobias Harris take a tour through the Palace, take a look around 1:25 mark of the video... Is this the design board for the new logo? It wouldn't be blurred out for nothing.

302047http://www.nba.com/pistons/video/teams/pistons/2016/02/19/1455912961343-LifeintheLeague_TobiasDay1.mp4-302047

Great catch! To be honest I think it's the promotional logo that they've been using all season. The "Detroit Basketball" one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2016 at 5:30 PM, vercetti said:

Anyone remember the 90's Miami Heat court?

I cant find pictures but I loved the hardwood finish of that court.

I though it had dark streaks across the floor or something like that.

 

 

I don't remember dark streaks; all I remember was black endlines/black sidelines, and black keys, with orange highlights.  Pretty cool back in the day.

 

Here's what it looked like, this being rendered as a game mod

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some research.  I'm pretty sure i found another glimpse of the new pistons logo..or at least a form of it with different colors. And these are from the Pistons organization itself, "The Detroit Pistons Foundation". I also looked at the Tobias Harris video, they forgot to blur out part of the design board for the new logo ...look right under his chin. It's blurry, but looks really similar to the Burry mockup!

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.12.43 PM copy.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.14.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.12.51 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colli512 said:

I did some research.  I'm pretty sure i found another glimpse of the new pistons logo..or at least a form of it with different colors. And these are from the Pistons organization itself, "The Detroit Pistons Foundation". I also looked at the Tobias Harris video, they forgot to blur out part of the design board for the new logo ...look right under his chin. It's blurry, but looks really similar to the Burry mockup!

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.12.43 PM copy.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.14.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 7.12.51 PM.png

 

Great find, I must say I'd love it. I hope the unis will also be looking like the bad boys ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yea, nice research on the Pistons stuff. Here's a recolor of that foundation logo. I kinda hope the real one doesn't have such a thick white outer stroke. We'll see, I guess.  

Pistons1617v2.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

yea, nice research on the Pistons stuff. Here's a recolor of that foundation logo. I kinda hope the real one doesn't have such a thick white outer stroke. We'll see, I guess.  

Pistons1617v2.PNG

 

The one in the last image he posted seems like you should switch the thickness of the blue and white outlines... The blue is way thicker with a small white outline (same thickness as the inner lines) around the red part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

 

The one in the last image he posted seems like you should switch the thickness of the blue and white outlines... The blue is way thicker with a small white outline (same thickness as the inner lines) around the red part.

Yea, I'm thinking the thickness of all of the white spaces will be the same and the blue will be thicker. similar to this.

pistons logo.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.