29 minutes ago, joshey said:

I was hoping the Pistons would hold off until Nike takes over and releases something fresh with them. This set seems stale to me. It needs more than a logo swap imo. Regardless, it seems that they've fumbled the whole execution.

Unless there's other contractual obligations, they could hire Nike's design services (like Charlotte did) to do the designs and just have adidas handle the production. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a very, very welcome update to the home floor!  I've been asking for that deeper colored Red on the floor for years.  Next great thing would be adding a touch of yellow gold here and there. That would really help it "pop."

edit: Not sure how i feel about the black lines while keeping the wordmark just plain white.  Either make the lines white, or outline the wordmark in black like it used to be.

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just a reminder that the Rockets will also be using this new black alternate uniform this season after initially unveiling it prior to last season: 

image.jpeg

I could see this design becoming the basis for a future red primary jersey with a matching white.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just a reminder that the Rockets will also be using this new black alternate uniform this season after initially unveiling it prior to last season: 

Horrible, Rockets should be in red, yellow and white. 

rockets.jpg

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Horrible, Rockets should be in red, yellow and white. 

rockets.jpg

While I agree, those jerseys need some refining. I can't help but see it as a Ronald McDonald outfit right now, but I think the black jersey in the proper colors could be a good template to go with. Guess we'll see next year if Nike has anything up their sleeves in collaboration for a change.

Thanks PepMan! That's definitely an upgrade, but i wonder if it would have been better to go with white lines instead of black. Oh well, i'll take it! Hopefully this really does happen and it's not just for the practice court and hopefully the Rockets are working on new uniforms for 2017.

I'm starting to think the Pistons are purposely handling this logo situation as bad as they can, because I don't know how else they could be doing this. Now that the preseason schedules are out, has the new logo showed up there? I've only seen the Magic's graphic, and we don't play Detroit. Here's another pic of their "Detroit Basketball" promo, with the players wearing shirts with the normal logo. On an unrelated note, that new Rockets court looks amazing.

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

23 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I could see this design becoming the basis for a future red primary jersey with a matching white.

Considering they've used the same elements of this template on other unis (collar, side panels) it seems possible this is a template for future home & roads sets.

Also with the new court, not the complete reduction of silver/gray and the slight addition of black (never has been present of previous courts under this brand) 

Id guess the Rockets are making some adjustments to the brand, keeping the same logo & wordmark but with colors as red, white, & black and new unis under the same template used for the black set. 

NYCdog.png

Archived