And what's up with this "Detroit Basketball"??? It's so stupid sounding and generic. As if there's some real sense of civic pride. It's so dumb. We know you play in the Detroit (well actually you don't). And these players would be proud play for any team if they paid them no matter where they're from.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Detroit's defense, Detroit Basketball is not as generic as most might think and is a little different that Denver Basketball or Atlanta Basketball in that the fans have chanted that from the stands since at least the 80's, maybe longer. It's more comparable to something like Who Dat or Rock Chalk. 

32 minutes ago, mmejia said:

In Detroit's defense, Detroit Basketball is not as generic as most might think and is a little different that Denver Basketball or Atlanta Basketball in that the fans have chanted that from the stands since at least the 80's, maybe longer. It's more comparable to something like Who Dat or Rock Chalk. 

John Mason, the team's PA announcer, started saying DEE-TROIT BASKET-BALLL prior to Pistons' out-of-bounds plays during the Pistons' early-2000s resurgence.

On 9.08.2016 at 10:43 PM, mjd77 said:

I wonder if Nike will take the 3 price point approach for retail NBA  jerseys, just like the NFL?  Game, Premier, and Elite?

The 3 price point approach already exists in the NBA: replica, swingman, and authentic.

10 hours ago, Wilt said:

The 3 price point approach already exists in the NBA: replica, swingman, and authentic.

I don´t think you can buy authentic nba jerseys anymore, i have not seen them in any online stores after the nba logo was moved to the back of the jersey.

correct me if i am wrong

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

New court design 100% confirms the Pistons have indeed scrapped the logo. Oh well.

At least for this year, right?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 7/15/2016 at 0:29 AM, Old School Fool said:

All the Timberwolves need to do is swap the navy for royal blue, make green more prominent, change the uniforms and use this logo:

5ggk1t3vhjd19mm1hp5xvn05t.gif

Here is a slightly changed image, changing the blue with a little more green.

my minnesota timberwolves redo 1.png

13 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

You buy authentics just not online you can only get them at the teams store. 

I see, only in the arena´s then ? Guess that means they won't be selling a lot of them.  

Oh well, with the logo on the back, the jerseys look like :censored: anyway

I guess this would be the appropriate spot to put this information, but what was going to be an inevitable change, the Hornets' home arena in Uptown Charlotte will now be the Spectrum Center, thanks to Charter Cable's purchase of Time Warner Cable that was completed earlier in the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/103ede2a-3242-3dae-a6c3-2e26d317e0aa/charlotte-hornets%26%2339%3B-arena.html

1 hour ago, MadmanLA said:

I guess this would be the appropriate spot to put this information, but what was going to be an inevitable change, the Hornets' home arena in Uptown Charlotte will now be the Spectrum Center, thanks to Charter Cable's purchase of Time Warner Cable that was completed earlier in the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/103ede2a-3242-3dae-a6c3-2e26d317e0aa/charlotte-hornets%26%2339%3B-arena.html

Anything Spectrum has such a strong connection to Philly that it sounds weird to be talking about Charlotte.

22 hours ago, jboogie said:

Here is a slightly changed image, changing the blue with a little more green.

my minnesota timberwolves redo 1.png

Lose the white outline around everything and it'll look a lot better.

15 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Rendering, via the Hornets website:

160817_spectrum_04.jpg?itok=-uuLoPtn

Apparently the Clippers aren't from Los Angeles, they are from L.A. That is what the team name is suppose to be as of 2015 and we all didn't know because the Clippers didn't outright state it.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/08/19/los-angeles-clippers-move-to-l-a/

This would also explain why the Clippers are allowed to have LA in their logo and not Los Angeles, because the team officially changed it to that, and as per NBA rules, the City name must be in the primary logo.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived