Recommended Posts

I don't have any words for the Clippers anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great that the franchise was taken from Sterling but they have been a mess of any identity since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Does that mean they could've just 'relocate' to Lob City?

I can see it now. Lob City vs Golden State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Apparently the Clippers aren't from Los Angeles, they are from L.A. That is what the team name is suppose to be as of 2015 and we all didn't know because the Clippers didn't outright state it.

 

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/08/19/los-angeles-clippers-move-to-l-a/

 

This would also explain why the Clippers are allowed to have LA in their logo and not Los Angeles, because the team officially changed it to that, and as per NBA rules, the City name must be in the primary logo.

 

 

I'm sure it's to try to distinguish themselves from the Lakers. When you see the words "Los Angeles" in reference to basketball, your mind naturally thinks of the Lakers. The Clippers have made a lot of questionable decisions recently, but trying to make "L.A." their own totally makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Apparently the Clippers aren't from Los Angeles, they are from L.A. That is what the team name is suppose to be as of 2015 and we all didn't know because the Clippers didn't outright state it.

 

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/08/19/los-angeles-clippers-move-to-l-a/

 

This would also explain why the Clippers are allowed to have LA in their logo and not Los Angeles, because the team officially changed it to that, and as per NBA rules, the City name must be in the primary logo.

 

Kind of reminds me of how Miami wants everyone to refer to them as the HEAT in all-caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Kind of reminds me of how Miami wants everyone to refer to them as the HEAT in all-caps.

 

RE:  Miami press addressing team

hi flks we wanted to let you know that when you are referrrring to the H E A T in any publication going forwrd to pls use all CAPS to describe them. this is a unified effort to being the community together and emphaize the importance of how the H E A T impact the city of miami and florida - ty

 

RE RE:  Miami press addressing team

 

G E T  F U C K E D - everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

A new Wizards alt?? With no sleeves?? Color me intrigued.  

 

Please just be better than Orlando's new stupid alt.  

Probably another Chinese New Year alt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some new news on NBA uniforms! My boy Conrad is automatic like this fadaway below! 

Kobe-Bryant-fadeaway-signature-move-Celt

 

Extra sad no new Chicago Bulls uniforms or 90s Hornets throwbacks. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

 

I'm sure it's to try to distinguish themselves from the Lakers. When you see the words "Los Angeles" in reference to basketball, your mind naturally thinks of the Lakers. The Clippers have made a lot of questionable decisions recently, but trying to make "L.A." their own totally makes sense to me.

I've been advocating a rebrand as the Hollywood Stars for years,  even did a concept on here . 

 

 

P.S Balmer is "trying to build a new arena" on the westside of LA so the Hollywood moniker would fit perfectly.  (But I'm going to keep it 100...that's just a ploy to move them to Seattle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Apparently the Clippers aren't from Los Angeles, they are from L.A. That is what the team name is suppose to be as of 2015 and we all didn't know because the Clippers didn't outright state it.

 

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/08/19/los-angeles-clippers-move-to-l-a/

 

This would also explain why the Clippers are allowed to have LA in their logo and not Los Angeles, because the team officially changed it to that, and as per NBA rules, the City name must be in the primary logo.

 

This situation is similar to when the Los Angeles Galaxy rebranded themselves as the LA Galaxy after the signing of David Beckham in 2007. Wikipedia didn't reflect this change until recently, as journalists only began to really emphasize the difference after Los Angeles FC, an expansion team set to begin play in 2018, was announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Probably another Chinese New Year alt. 

i would hope not, because the red CNY alt uni is part of their set of unis for next season.

 

i'm hoping for the new white alt to be somehow inspired by the DC flag, but that's likely asking for too much creativity from Adidas. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

This situation is similar to when the Los Angeles Galaxy rebranded themselves as the LA Galaxy after the signing of David Beckham in 2007. Wikipedia didn't reflect this change until recently, as journalists only began to really emphasize the difference after Los Angeles FC, an expansion team set to begin play in 2018, was announced.

 

Seems the similarities won't stop there since if the Clippers move out of Staples Center and head to the Westside, you'd have a scenario where the "Los Angeles" teams (Lakers, LAFC) would be playing at or near Downtown LA while the  "L.A." teams (Galaxy, Clippers) would simply be playing in the LA area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint Zephyr III said:

 

Seems the similarities won't stop there since if the Clippers move out of Staples Center and head to the Westside, you'd have a scenario where the "Los Angeles" teams (Lakers, LAFC) would be playing at or near Downtown LA while the  "L.A." teams (Galaxy, Clippers) would simply be playing in the LA area.

Which is an interesting dilemma because the "LA" teams will have to deal with criticism that they do not truly represent or play in Los Angeles (this is already being used as a marketing tactic by LAFC), even though the overwhelming majority of people in the Los Angeles metropolitan area do not live in Downtown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same Pistons source tells me that owner Tom Gores didn't like the new logo, but they will begin selling merchandise with the new logo (referred to as "Alternate Ball Logo") in mid-October as a way to gauge fan reaction.

logo1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

i would hope not, because the red CNY alt uni is part of their set of unis for next season.

 

i'm hoping for the new white alt to be somehow inspired by the DC flag, but that's likely asking for too much creativity from Adidas. :|

I don't think they need another alt, but if they are going to get one, I am hoping it is gray, and maybe emphasizes the dc logo.  I'm picturing something with a layout similar to the front of the Spurs gray alt.  This could work without being ridiculous because silver is one of their team colors (unlike CHI, BOS, etc.).  Maybe this could be a home alternate, and the navy could be the road alternate (which it basically already is).

 

Also, other than the red CNY jersey, their retro-inspired alternate jersey was also red last year.  I don't know if they are keeping that, but if they are, that's already 3 red jerseys.  No need for a 4th! 

 

On top of that, I just think a gray jersey with navy and red trim would look great (it sure did for the Nets), I think they would have the only current jersey like that (gray with red and navy trim) in the league, and I think it would sell well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.