On 8/20/2016 at 1:35 PM, Fuhrms said:

Same Pistons source tells me that owner Tom Gores didn't like the new logo, but they will begin selling merchandise with the new logo (referred to as "Alternate Ball Logo") in mid-October as a way to gauge fan reaction.

logo1.jpg

Me thinks Tom Gores doesn't get it.  Or he gets it but prefers the Grant Hill era logo more.  If they win again, they can wear whatever they want, but since this is the stuff they wore when they last won (1989 and 1990; 2004 is basically a throwback to those title seasons anyway), they would be smart to go back to this theme, especially if the league lets them.  This is almost identical to the old logo with the exception of the font; the Hawks couldn't go back to the logo and while some people like the new Pac-Man logo better, I'll always miss the Dominique Wilkins Pac-Man logo.

(Edit: changed Hawkins to Wilkins.  Even Googled it first to see if it was Hawkins or Hawkings, and, unfortunately, there WAS a Dominique Hawkins, making matter worse.  My apologies.  Probably got Wilkins and Hersey Hawkins' name mixed up for some reason.)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Me thinks Tom Gores doesn't get it.  Or he gets it but prefers the Grant Hill era logo more.  If they win again, they can wear whatever they want, but since this is the stuff they wore when they last won (1989 and 1990; 2004 is basically a throwback to those title seasons anyway), they would be smart to go back to this theme, especially if the league lets them.  This is almost identical to the old logo with the exception of the font; the Hawks couldn't go back to the logo and while some people like the new Pac-Man logo better, I'll always miss the Dominique Hawkins Pac-Man logo.

The fact that this cap was actually manufactured tells me that the league has approved the logo and it's simply the Pistons' call. If it's up to the fans, I can't imagine them not going with this.

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

Same Pistons source tells me that owner Tom Gores didn't like the new logo, but they will begin selling merchandise with the new logo (referred to as "Alternate Ball Logo") in mid-October as a way to gauge fan reaction.

logo1.jpg

OMG THEY BOTCHED IT FOR REAL. GO BACK TO THE TEAL ERA SINCE Y'ALL DONT WANNA COMMIT TO THIS. IT'S NOT HARD GUYS.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

On 20/08/2016 at 4:35 PM, Fuhrms said:

logo1.jpg

This is incredibly better than the actual primary logo. Gores needs to wake up and make the switch asap.

Can you tell me how that logo is better than their current? Because it's just beyond me. Both are just wordmarks and a basketball, but this is barely recognizable as one so it's practically just the wordmark inside circles. And don't give me the Bad Boys era connection explanation, since it doesn't make the logo any good. At least the current one has dimension and is bolder.

Both logos are extremely generic. The new one that they are apparently considering is just cleaner compared to the unnecessary drop shadows, so it's slightly better IMO.

As messy as this logo is, at least it has some distinguishing features to give them a bit more of an identity, compared to just a circle and a wordmark.

444.gif

On 8/20/2016 at 6:48 PM, sayahh said:

Me thinks Tom Gores doesn't get it.  Or he gets it but prefers the Grant Hill era logo more.  If they win again, they can wear whatever they want, but since this is the stuff they wore when they last won (1989 and 1990; 2004 is basically a throwback to those title seasons anyway), they would be smart to go back to this theme, especially if the league lets them.  This is almost identical to the old logo with the exception of the font; the Hawks couldn't go back to the logo and while some people like the new Pac-Man logo better, I'll always miss the Dominique Hawkins Pac-Man logo.

Who the hell is Dominique Hawkins?

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Can you tell me how that logo is better than their current? Because it's just beyond me. Both are just wordmarks and a basketball, but this is barely recognizable as one so it's practically just the wordmark inside circles. And don't give me the Bad Boys era connection explanation, since it doesn't make the logo any good. At least the current one has dimension and is bolder.

But it's vintage. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

^ it's gonna be this: 

hwc-1617-TOR.png

I know it's from '46, but even back then did they not think "Hm, if we make it blue-on-blue nobody'll be able to read it"? With decision-making skills like that, no wonder the Huskies only lasted a year.

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's a Toronto Huskies throwback not a regular alt.

I sure know but these are still useless. No one remembers/cares about these and the outlined font and numbers will be illegible at best. They should stick to Raptors throwbacks if they really need some.

Archived