Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/2/2016 at 10:43 AM, VDizzle12 said:

 

It doesn't make any sense. They just freaking hosted 2 years ago. Next year will be LA (big surprise) then followed by what? Houston, New York or New Orleans? Keep rotating around the same handful of cities.

 

When was the last time other cities hosted?

Chicago 1988

Miami 1990

Minneapolis 1994

San Antonio 1996

Cleveland 1997

DC 2001

Philadelphia 2002

Atlanta 2003

 

Yet Boston has had whatever the hell they call their arena for 20 years and haven't hosted it.  I would rather see it be there first before going back to New Orleans for the third time in 10 years.

Hell even putting back to Golden State wouldn't have been a bad choice or bet yet with Sacramento's new arena

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

 

It should have never left in the first place.

 

I may be wrong because maybe it's just lighting making the purple appear darker. But it seems like that purple was darkened a few shades to have it match the colors given to their minor league team...

 

Local_Players_Wear_NA_Suns_Unis_t715.jpg


I didn't know the Suns fielded a high school team... (I'll see myself out...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2016 at 9:40 PM, Shadojoker said:

The new completed Utah Jazz court officially revealed yesterday via their twitter account. (Was posted on the mothership twitter feed)

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/utahjazz/status/771739205806362624

 

The solo note ball at center court looks great (as a callback to the Salt Palace/early Delta Center days), but I wished they could've worked in a little green somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suns officially announce new court update for 16/17. I really like the change and are glad they aren't trying to push the black and are embracing the purple, good move! I do feel like the sun burst and streak has too much yellow, I think everything could look more solid with a different shade of orange or even perhaps a gradient would be appropriate here too. image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2016 at 0:43 PM, DustDevil61 said:

 

The solo note ball at center court looks great (as a callback to the Salt Palace/early Delta Center days), but I wished they could've worked in a little green somewhere.

 

Agreed. It's been odd how much they emphasized the green over the blue in 2010 and then it just kinda "died" ... I still prefer the green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On September 2, 2016 at 4:26 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I believe the all star game is awarded to cities that place a bid for it. Some cities have had bad experiences in the past and there for don't bid on the game. Others simply just don't want the hassle. I believe Sacramento is shooting for the 2019 ASG at the new Golden 1 Center.

 

I was going to say that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sacramento made a run at an upcoming ASG with Golden 1 opening so soon. The city is really trying to gauge the impact of how huge crowds are going to effect the area around downtown, and hosting an All Star Game seems like the perfect opportunity to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

I was going to say that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sacramento made a run at an upcoming ASG with Golden 1 opening so soon. The city is really trying to gauge the impact of how huge crowds are going to effect the area around downtown, and hosting an All Star Game seems like the perfect opportunity to do that. 

I'm pretty sure in one of the early Arena events or whatever, Vivek said that an ASG in Sacramento was something they were gonna go after with the new arena. They've got a nice run of early things with 2 Paul McCartney shows, WWE No Mercy and Maroon 5 in the span of like the first week of opening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Suns officially announce new court update for 16/17. I really like the change and are glad they aren't trying to push the black and are embracing the purple, good move! I do feel like the sun burst and streak has too much yellow, I think everything could look more solid with a different shade of orange or even perhaps a gradient would be appropriate here too. image.jpeg

 

Massive upgrade; still can't get by that arena name though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Massive upgrade; still can't get by that arena name though.

 

At least it's not conflicting with their color scheme, like the Golden 1 logo on the Kings' new court. How in the world did that get a pass instead of a one-color (black outline) version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On September 2, 2016 at 4:26 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I believe the all star game is awarded to cities that place a bid for it. Some cities have had bad experiences in the past and there for don't bid on the game. Others simply just don't want the hassle. I believe Sacramento is shooting for the 2019 ASG at the new Golden 1 Center.

Maybe Las Vegas should bid on the game again, since they've opened T-Mobile Arena.  Then again, the last ASG left a bad taste in the mouth of the locals (at least that's what my friends who live there said).

 

But yeah...maybe they should rotate it more.  San Antonio has a newer arena; let them host it.  Surprised they haven't bid on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.