• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, fanofsports said:

why don't they ever use wine out of bounds colours? It looks way better than no colour//navy/black 

for example this one below is perfect that I found in this thread

CAVSS_zps5b66f3d9.jpg

The Cavaliers using this court design would just make WAYYY too much sense. It's perfect, and would be usable for decades. Maybe that's the problem. If they had the perfect court, it'd make it two hard for them to change the court every 2 or 3 years. And I think the Cavs like to change the floor every couple of seasons in order to make a splash.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:00 PM, frosty06306 said:

Cleveland has taken a once beautiful identity, and just destroyed it.

I disagree. This set in all its iterations has been vastly inferior to the previous one. The 2003-2011 uniforms were distinctive and classy. The 2011-present uniforms look like an underfunded high school team from the '70s. With how bland this set is, it initially made them look like a franchise that just wanted to give up and quietly fade into the background after LeBron left.

The only changes that the Cavs really needed were a better number font, not wearing the navy alternate all the time, and maybe adding a gold alternate too.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 9/24/2016 at 8:30 AM, phutmasterflex said:

Yup that's it. 

Compare these throwback uniforms. Clearly one looked better than the other. I am so glad Adidas is leaving. 

0VysCL5OYHlz.jpg

Andre-Iguodala-Getty-Images.jpg

I disliked the giant patch, too, at first, but that jersey is just so beautiful. Hopefully Nike brings them back, even if it's just occasionally, and goes back to them being screened, or, if the technology is there, sublimated, but with the same shade of blue, i.e., not lighter. (Would that make them superlimated?  Is that even a word?) While I'm still not feeling the patch, it doesn't affect me as much as it used to.  It kind of looks like the Sun and feels like a sunset is happening.

Now I'm more concerned about how it feels on the player's body.  It must be heavier and, if sewn on instead of heat-pressed or ironed on, more uncomfortable on their skin than their screened predecessor.

14 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Sorry if I missed it earlier, but the Rockets have changed their court design. The key and out of bounds areas are now painted red. The lane marks are black instead of white which may be a sign that black will be a more prominent feature of the rockets look going forward. They also removed the full team logo from the 3-point area as well as did away with the 2-tone wood stain

New:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sorry if it's been answered before, but who are the Sharks?  And why does it look like Adidas made their shorts?
http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/26/9-adidas-schools-get-made-in-march-makeover-for-2015/

30 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I disliked the giant patch, too, at first, but that jersey is just so beautiful. Hopefully Nike brings them back, even if it's just occasionally, and goes back to them being screened, or, if the technology is there, sublimated, but with the same shade of blue, i.e., not lighter. (Would that make them superlimated?  Is that even a word?) While I'm still not feeling the patch, it doesn't affect me as much as it used to.  It kind of looks like the Sun and feels like a sunset is happening.

Now I'm more concerned about how it feels on the player's body.  It must be heavier and, if sewn on instead of heat-pressed or ironed on, more uncomfortable on their skin than their screened predecessor.

The ones Baron Davis and JRich are wearing were from 2006 and made by Adidas as well. It's simply an evolution of jersey technology and that won't change with Nike. Did you see the Olympic tank tops?

10 minutes ago, BrooklynCarter said:

The ones Baron Davis and JRich are wearing were from 2006 and made by Adidas as well. It's simply an evolution of jersey technology and that won't change with Nike. Did you see the Olympic tank tops?

I get what you're getting at.  I was pretty sure that the ones Davis wore were made by Adidas as well when I posed my original question (how did Adidas screw it up?) but was just too lazy to look it up to confirm it.  I do not believe that it was an evolution of jersey technology but rather trying to maintain continuity (or rather, uniformity) with the current primary logo and jersey patch, which was introduced in 2010.  Had they kept the pre-2010 jersey designs, maybe we would've seen the same ones Davis wore, i.e., sans giant button patch.  (Unless you meant that they were technologically limited by the switch to their Authentic Rev30 jerseys and thus were not able to print a circle on them because of the holes.)

I just hope there's no Flywire technology on the new jerseys...

9 hours ago, fanofsports said:

why don't they ever use wine out of bounds colours? It looks way better than no colour//navy/black 

for example this one below is perfect that I found in this thread

CAVSS_zps5b66f3d9.jpg

The problem that you guys are all overlooking is that the half court line has to be very distinguished and its very difficult to do so while coloring in the sword. 

The cavs probably submitted a design similar to that one and got rejected by the league. Then they opted to use this instead, which they shouldn't have done because if they can't do it right they shouldn't be doing it at all. 

9 hours ago, sayahh said:

I'm sorry if it's been answered before, but who are the Sharks?  And why does it look like Adidas made their shorts?
http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/26/9-adidas-schools-get-made-in-march-makeover-for-2015/

It was a preseason exhibition game against the Shanghai Sharks. They were the team Yao Ming played for before coming to the NBA. He is now their current owner. The Rockets are going to keep tapping into that Chinese market for as long as they can.

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

It was a preseason exhibition game against the Shanghai Sharks. They were the team Yao Ming played for before coming to the NBA. He is now their current owner. The Rockets are going to keep tapping into that Chinese market for as long as they can.

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, sayahh said:
13 hours ago, sayahh said:

I get what you're getting at.  I was pretty sure that the ones Davis wore were made by Adidas as well when I posed my original question (how did Adidas screw it up?) but was just too lazy to look it up to confirm it.  I do not believe that it was an evolution of jersey technology but rather trying to maintain continuity (or rather, uniformity) with the current primary logo and jersey patch, which was introduced in 2010.  Had they kept the pre-2010 jersey designs, maybe we would've seen the same ones Davis wore, i.e., sans giant button patch.  (Unless you meant that they were technologically limited by the switch to their Authentic Rev30 jerseys and thus were not able to print a circle on them because of the holes.)

I just hope there's no Flywire technology on the new jerseys...

They definitely can do sublimation like the Raptors Dino throwback so maybe it was patch continuity with their standard jersey. 

lowry-purple.jpg

Archived