• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

This is such a cheap and ridiculous way to do an alternate. The "crossover" jersey. (No, no.... don't design a whole new jersey! We'll just slap a different wodmark on the one we have!)

Warriors-crossover-2.png

The Clippers already proved it was ridiculous to slap new stuff on the current jersey.

I like the old Warriors wordmark, better than any Copperplate stuff they have.  The rest...meh

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

This is such a cheap and ridiculous way to do an alternate. The "crossover" jersey. (No, no.... don't design a whole new jersey! We'll just slap a different wodmark on the one we have!)

Warriors-crossover-2.png

I'd blame Adidas and the league more so than the Warriors on this one. They're the ones that instituted the whole concept of the "stretch" uniform and it really limits the teams in what they can do with it since the base of the uniform must be the same. If the number font matched the wordmark on this uniform it would instantly the best uniform in their set IMO (I still think it is even with the copperplate numbers). The Warriors were smart in using the Run TMC wordmark for this uniform because it was the best option for them that fit the parameters of the "Stretch" uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Warriors-crossover-2.png

But, this looks way better than their regular uniform. The usual huge round yellow spot on front looks awful.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

21 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Very sorry to post this in here, but i didn't want to make a bigger mistake and create a thread in the wrong section.

Does anyone here happen to have the color codes for the Minneapolis Lakers?  I came across some Nike Air Zoom Hurache 2K4 MPLS laser PE in the trash in pretty damn decent condition(including a pair of LeBron 20-5-5 worse condition) but i want to restore it as best i can with the closest matching paints. Will any white and baby blue do?

This is the shoe i'm talking about(not my photo).

Hide contents

Nike-Zoom-Huarache-2k4-Blue-Laser-Kobe-B

Hold up...you're digging shoes out of the trash and wearing them?  :blink:

Cavs tweeted out a picture today that they are using their old floor tonight for their final preseason home game, so no reason for alarm if you see that tonight on TNT.

My guess is that they are either darkening the stain on the sword at midcourt (it was barely visible on TV) and/or they are making some tweaks before the opener that they alluded to in the press release when they unveiled the design.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Not sure where else to put this, but: Is it a new thing that New Era makes proper, simple fitted caps for NBA teams? With regular logos, not Hardwood Classics stuff?

http://shop.neweracap.com/Shop/NBA-Fitted

IIRC, they had one single-color hat per team last year (with a team-color NBA logo on the back).  Even made them in low profile.  The two-tones are new, I think.  The alternate logo hats and a bunch of the different color ways are new.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Cavs tweeted out a picture today that they are using their old floor tonight for their final preseason home game, so no reason for alarm if you see that tonight on TNT.

My guess is that they are either darkening the stain on the sword at midcourt (it was barely visible on TV) and/or they are making some tweaks before the opener that they alluded to in the press release when they unveiled the design.

Dan Gilbert tweeted out that the Cavs will tweak the new floor and the old floor will be used in the opener

Screenshot_2016-10-13-18-58-55.png

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

IIRC, they had one single-color hat per team last year (with a team-color NBA logo on the back).  Even made them in low profile.  The two-tones are new, I think.  The alternate logo hats and a bunch of the different color ways are new.

New Era has been making NBA caps with current logos at least since last year. I have one that is the Warriors' current logo. It looks nice. 

Go A's!

Btw..not sure if anyone saw this but Bleacher Report and multiple sources confirm possible expansion!!??

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/with-nba-expansion-rumored-a-look-at-the-pros-cons-and-prospective-cities/

Seattle of course is a major player..as well as these cities.

"Other cities I’ve heard that are going to be making a play for expansion are Louisville (they have all their affairs in order and ready to go), Pittsburgh, Omaha, Las Vegas, Vancouver, BC, and Mexico City.  Kansas City and St. Louis have been brought up as well, but I can’t confirm the validity of their interest."

Sorry for double post btw.

shado_logo.gif

6 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Btw..not sure if anyone saw this but Bleacher Report and multiple sources confirm possible expansion!!??

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/with-nba-expansion-rumored-a-look-at-the-pros-cons-and-prospective-cities/

"Other cities I’ve heard that are going to be making a play for expansion are Louisville (they have all their affairs in order and ready to go), Pittsburgh, Omaha, Las Vegas, Vancouver, BC, and Mexico City.  Kansas City and St. Louis have been brought up as well, but I can’t confirm the validity of their interest."

Can I get a Hale yeah for Seattle

Zzi6tDc.png

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I remember this but can't remember how long ago this was from.  We're probably closer to finding out if the Raiders will move to Las Vegas and if the Chargers will stay put in San Diego or move in with the Rams before we find out anything about possible expansions or relocation in the NBA.  I had no idea Louisville would be a viable city that could support an NBA franchise, but then again, Kentucky does have a lot of basketball following, although I do recall Indiana thinking about moving a few years back (or maybe it was just fans wanting them to move, I can't remember).  Pittsburgh would be cool, but given how Philly (or most teams, really) isn't getting any superstars and thus failing to draw tons of fans, it'll be hard for Pittsburgh to make their case.  Ditto for Omaha, IMO.  Kansas City has been wanting a team since they built the Sprint Center but you shouldn't built an arena if you haven't locked in a team first!  It'll be cool for Vancouver to get a team, but that will dilute Toronto's influence and split the Canadian fan base somewhat, I think.

I rather see a team in any of these cities than a third team in the Greater Los Angeles market.  Even San Diego might make more sense since they don't have a team, but they'll probably lose money and fold so I rather them not get a team than to get one then lose it.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Not sure where else to put this, but: Is it a new thing that New Era makes proper, simple fitted caps for NBA teams? With regular logos, not Hardwood Classics stuff?

http://shop.neweracap.com/Shop/NBA-Fitted

The answer to this is both yes and no. So to give some insight into this. Neweracap.com isn't ran by new era itself. It is ran by lids through a contract with New Era. At least as of the middle of this year I know that for fact. Contract is over in 2 years I believe, but it might end sooner. 

New Era has been making fitteds and or snaps in current team logos for a number of seasons now. Most of these end up in the team store's at the arena's and if teams have stores elsewhere in the city, depending on who runs the store.

The website sells product that Lid's "purchases" from New Era that they feel will sell best. This product also ends up in the few New Era branded brick and mortar stores. 

Other hat sellers such as Hat Club and ecapcity can also purchase product manufactured from New Era to sell in their shops, which is why I've came across a number of Sacramento Kings hats in their former logo pop up on ebay, etc.. All the while the newera website had only the hardwood classic product.

This year it seams they have put an effort into purchasing product with current team logos instead of focusing on just the HWC series.

Archived